Position: Coordinator, Social Impact & Development
Department: Social Impact
Reporting To: Manager, Social Impact & Development
We are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community and business partners through world class sports and entertainment. We believe that Winning Matters, our Fans come first, with risk comes reward, great teams can achieve unimaginable results, honoring the Pacific Northwest is our duty and driving the business is our responsibility.
As the newest team in the NHL, we are committed to building an organization that not only strives for victory on the ice, but in the hearts and minds of our fans, community, and partners as well. We approach all things with a championship mindset, honoring the Pacific Northwest as our home, our fans as our future and our employees as the vessel for delivering exceptional results.
Since the team was awarded in 2018 through to our first puck drop in 2021, the Kraken brand has become one of the most recognized and beloved in the NHL. Playing at Climate Pledge Arena, the most sustainable arena in the world, we want to provide a memorable experience every night and make fans for life. That mindset extends to our HQ Kraken Community Iceplex, a state-of-the-art training facility and another opportunity for us to connect with our community and establish and expand a skating presence within the city.
Our joint foundation, One Roof Foundation aims to advance equity and sustainability by increasing opportunities to thrive for our most vulnerable young people and communities.
This position requires a driven, proactive, energetic, problem-solving, team-spirited individual. This role will assist the Sr. Director of Social Impact Partnerships & Programs, and Manager of Social Impact & Development in advancing specific fundraising and social impact initiatives as assigned and provide additional departmental support as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in Seattle Kraken’s effort to conduct a financially viable 50/50 raffle every home game, including:
- seller/volunteer oversight
- vendor relationships
- secure handling of all electronic equipment
- redemption forms and processes
- day of execution
- compliance with Washington State Gambling Commission Rules and State laws
- Coordinate fulfillment of in-kind community requests including shipping, auction items, tickets, sponsorships etc. and manage the inventory required for such requests.
- Oversee the Social Impact department ticket inventory, distribution, and ensure that gameday special guests are set up for success.
- Run the Tide Pool complimentary ticket program, communicate with recipient organizations, track attendance rates, and regularly provide status reports.
- Coordinate regular communication with One Roof Foundation Board of Trustees including monthly Board email updates, meeting scheduling, agendas, and follow-up. Includes taking minutes at all board meetings and providing overall administrative assistance to Board related matters.
- Coordinate community activations and represent Seattle Kraken and One Roof Foundation both in game and at various community events through tabling etc.
- Serve as a collaborative member of the Social Impact team, supporting and contributing to community and social impact initiatives as needed.
- Assist with all other community activations and fundraising programs as needed and other duties as assigned.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- One year of experience working in community outreach with sports team or nonprofit organization.
- A passion for serving the community.
- Extensive working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an expert level ability to present and communicate new ideas and concepts.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented, resourceful, quick learner and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- A high degree of personal integrity and consistently put the interests of the organization first.
- Must be a fierce communicator and cross-organizational collaborator.
Total Rewards Package:
- In accordance with Washington’s Equal Pay and Opportunity Act, the expected salary range for this position is $23.50-$26.00/hr. Actual base pay will depend on employee’s experience and other job-related factors permitted by law.
- Bonus eligibility
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Benefits & Perks:
- Company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, including premiums for eligible dependents enrolled in the plans
- Company-paid life insurance and short & long term disability insurance
- Company-paid employee assistance program and Headspace subscription
- Flexible spending accounts and voluntary accident, critical illness, and hospital indemnity insurance available
- Company-paid Orca card
- 401k (pre-tax and Roth) with Company match up to 4%
- 10 vacation days, 3 personal holidays, and accrued sick time
- Minimum 10 paid holidays per year
- Paid parental leave
- Kraken ticket stipend and employee only pre-sale opportunities to non-Kraken events
- Discounts at the Kraken Team Stores, Kraken Community Iceplex, 32 Bar & Grill, and other partners
- Company-wide recognition platform
- Corporate office located at the Kraken Community Iceplex in Northgate; within walking distance of the Northgate Light Rail Station and Northgate Transit Center; free parking
- Minimal Travel (<10% travel): May be required to travel. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required
- Frequent bending, lifting 15-20 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building including inclines and stairs.
Seattle Hockey Partners, LLC and Seattle Arena Company, LLC are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.