Before we get into the specifics of the role, there are a few things we want you to know:
At the Orlando Magic/Osceola Magic, our approach is to not only learn as much about you as we can, but for you to learn about us. This is definitely a two-way street, so time with your potential new leader, teammates, and/or other departments that the role will work with is critical. It isn’t just, “what are we looking for”, but also, “what do we have to offer you” and “are we the right fit for you.” While every position is different, our interview process is typically a three-step process, sometimes more depending on the level and nature of the role.
What we offer you:
- 18 days of personal time off per year + 12 holidays (that is 30 paid days off year!) plus reduced summer work hours (every other Friday off during the off-season, which averages to another 8 days)
- A hybrid work model, casual work attire on non-game days, learning and development opportunities, Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), company sponsored events, volunteer opportunities & outings for every employee
- Fantastic benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company matching, mental wellness resources, subsidized gym memberships, maternity & paternity leave
- Culture built on Community, Innovation, Legendary and Teamwork!
A quick summary about the Osceola Magic Ticket Sales Associate role:
The Ticket Sales Associate is responsible for maximizing revenue by selling a full assortment of Osceola Magic ticket products including, but not limited to full and partial plan season ticket packages, premium seating, and group sales. The Ticket Sales associate will also manage and renew each of their season tickets accounts.
What the Osceola Magic Ticket Sales Associate will be responsible for:
- Proactively prospect, present, and close various ticket products including, but not limited to full and partial plan season ticket packages, premium seating, and group sales.
- Sell full seasons tickets, partial plans, group tickets, and hospitality for the Osceola Magic and designated non-Magic events primarily via:
- Face to face, external client meetings
- Osceola Magic home games
- Networking at outside events
- Some phone prospecting
- Seeking and implementing sales and service best practices
- Thorough data capture and personal database management
- Participate in face to face, external client meetings regularly (50% of schedule workweek) or more) with the purpose of generating revenue through the full menu of Osceola Magic ticket products.
- Create and develop new business by regularly pitching new prospects through in-arena tours, external appointments, phone prospecting and events.
- Effectively follow up with customers and prospective customers in order to build relationships to help provide repeat business.
- Meet and/or exceed weekly/monthly sales and activity goals.
- Maintain detailed records in CRM to support sales efforts as defined by the organization.
- Take an active role in the game day experience to develop relationships and generate new leads.
- Work majority of home games and sales events to develop and maintain relationships with clients and generate new leads.
What the Osceola Magic Ticket Sales Associate needs to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or professional equivalent experience required.
- Prior experience in ticket sales, telemarketing, appointment scheduling or cold-calling techniques is preferred.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills required.
- Experience with ticket inventory software programs (I.E. Tickets.com, Archtics, any CRM) preferred.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products and other related computer skills required.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
- Able to stand or walk for 3-4 hrs. during games and events
The Orlando Magic are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at the Orlando Magic via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Orlando Magic HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of the Orlando Magic. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by the Orlando Magic as a result of the referral or through other means.
The Orlando Magic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our leadership team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm