Job Title: Authentics Intern
Reports To: Authentics Director
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Term: March – December, 2024
Responsible for assisting with memorabilia collections, player signings, game-day sales and tracking inventory at the in-stadium Reds Authentics store.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Club Authentics Director & Coordinator in planning authentic game used memorabilia collections and planning of autograph signings
- Work with memorabilia collectors to fulfill their requests and maintain strong relationships
- Develop marketing collateral and support for authentic memorabilia
- Assist in the management of all inventory related to game used and autographed memorabilia, including the game-day store, online auctions, and corporate sales
- Assist in the management of the Authentics game-day store for all home games
- Accounting/Finance responsibilities include tracking and assisting with daily sales/receipts and month end invoicing/inventory
- Sales responsibilities involve direct and retail sales
- During the season, on non-game-days, intern will work on creating and promoting new auctions, fulfilling customer requests and creating new marketing initiatives to promote and generate sales
Experience, Education and Licensure:
- Must be pursuing or recently received a bachelor’s degree in Business, Sports Management, marketing or similar field
- Experience in professional or collegiate sports a plus
- Must have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must have a strong background in project management, business and marketing acumen
- Retail sales or management experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have outstanding leadership qualities
- Must have customer service, organizational and motivational skills
- Must have excellent communication (verbal and written) and time management skills
- The software applications that the applicant/employee must possess is that of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word and Outlook
- The ideal candidate must be able to work within a professional setting
- The ideal candidate must be available to work Reds home games during nights, days, weekends and holidays throughout the 2024 baseball season.
- Must be able and committed to work all Reds home games
- Full season availability is ideal
- Flexible to work around school schedules
- This is a seasonal opportunity and no benefits will be provided.
- Seasonal staff is paid at minimum wage according to state law.
- Adhere to Cincinnati Reds organization policies and procedures
- Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds organization
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Meet department productivity standards
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, military or veteran status, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
You MUST complete your application in the third-party system to be considered. Once you click "Apply Now" you will be redirected to finish your application. Applicants who do not complete this step will not be considered.