Position: Server Engineer – Full Time/Exempt
Reports to: Senior Manager, Server Engineering
Location: Tempe, AZ with State Farm Stadium (Glendale, AZ) event coverage
Note: Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
Cardinals Organizational Summary:
The Arizona Cardinals Football Club is a professional football team within the National Football League (NFL). We compete in the National Football Conference (NFC) West division and call State Farm Stadium, in Glendale, Arizona, our home.
As one of the oldest pro football franchises in the U.S., the Club has established itself as a sport and cultural hallmark within Arizona, as well as a trailblazer for diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) initiatives and firsts around the League. Our vision is to build a leading sports organization that competes for championships, drives business results, creates loyal fans, develops proud employees, and inspires hope in our community. We are relentless in our pursuit of greatness on and off the field, while positively impacting our people, our fans, and our community.
If you want to join an organization that values putting the team first, doing what is right, growing with positivity, valuing every voice, while driving performance, we would love for you to join our team. Learn more about the Arizona Cardinals and see what’s happening here.
The Arizona Cardinals are seeking a motivated, enthusiastic, passionate, and experienced server engineer with a background in cloud and traditional server environments. This position will be part of a dynamic and multifunctional technical team that supports, secures, and maintains the Arizona Cardinals multi-site server ecosystem. This corporate server environment spans venues and facilities in Tempe, Glendale and collaborates with innovative technology vendors and venue partners.
This position is part of the technology department and will be based in Tempe and will support all equipment and employees working at the Tempe Office, State Farm Stadium and other locations as required. The main responsibilities for this position include managing and maintaining the on-premise and cloud servers used by the company as well as developing a roadmap and facilitating migration from on-premise legacy system to cloud/multi-cloud/hybrid cloud environments.
Cybersecurity and monitoring are high priorities of the Arizona Cardinals and the National Football League; thus, the server systems and related data and downstream applications must be safeguarded 24/7/365. This position is also responsible for support and troubleshooting for the Cardinals, related businesses, and vendors/partners with technology related issues.
This position will support day to day IT enterprise networks and systems in addition to live events (Cardinal’s football games, concerts, activities, and events) at all sites. This role will be involved with many aspects of support for systems used by all staff and others if needed, potentially requiring 7 days a week and night schedules. Other responsibilities include event support, game day duties at games, training camp and extended trips.
Primary Job Duties:
The Server Engineer will have the daily responsibilities including, without the limitation the following:
- Provides management, support, and architecture of the server datacenter environment for the team, staff, and all venues/facilities.
- Develops a robust deployment, maintenance, disaster recovery plan for the installation of on-premise and cloud based server clusters.
- Manages and provides procurement recommendations of server computing hardware and related infrastructure.
- Collaborates with video production, and football video teams in relation to technological needs and systems.
- Develops and implements policies to support daily monitoring and programming needs via technology.
- Possess the ability to perform development work and scripting in multiple domains e.g. AWS, Azure, Active Directory, and various integration tools.
- Manages and monitors varied server systems and infrastructure e.g. financial servers, edit share servers, IPTV servers, Digital Asset Management Systems, HRIS systems integration, IP security systems, etc.
- Maintain info-security, redundancy, and backup strategies for server environments and downstream systems.
- Manages a broad array of virtual servers including configuration, testing, installation, deployment, logging, upgrades, integrations, and troubleshooting.
- Provides support for Tier 2 and 3 level escalations.
- Works with IT and external vendors to ensure the highest level of systems and related infrastructure and applications uptime and availability.
- Develops customs scripts and procedures to improve systems performance and automation of tasks and notifications.
- Coordinates security monitoring for IP security systems.
- In collaboration with the Senior Server Manager, and IT staff members, manages the configuration, installation, access, upgrades, conversions and troubleshooting of Office 365, Azure, AWS integrations, server clusters, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, related field, or work-related experience in the field.
- Experience: Minimum 3-7 years of relevant IT experience
- Working Hours: Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required.
- May be required to travel (<10% travel). Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
- This position may require the individual to have access to confidential records and information. To successfully perform this position, confidentiality of the information with which the individual has contact must be maintained.
- Understanding of digital asset management systems and related integrations.
- Solid understanding of cybersecurity in relation to server environments and data centers.
- Solid server and networking knowledge and experience in cloud e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platforms.
- Solid scripting experience e.g. PowerShell, Python, Ruby, Perl.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment; handle multiple tasks with the ability to reprioritize and shift priorities quickly.
- Advanced understanding of Storage Area Network concepts (ISCSI, SAN, NAS). Experience with VMware, Hyper-V, VX Rail, HPE editshare, virtual machines, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an expert ability to present and communicate new ideas and concepts.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented, resourceful, quick learner and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- A high degree of personal integrity and consistently put the interests of the organization first.
- Must be a fierce communicator and cross-organizational collaborator.
- Frequent bending, lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building including inclines and stairs.
- Must complete all pre-employment forms and successfully pass a background check
Cardinals Benefits/Perks Summary:
The Arizona Cardinals Football Club has developed a comprehensive benefits package that provides economic and inclusive benefits to full-time employees. The Cardinals benefits offer care, protection, and support for employees and their loved ones. The Cardinals organization encourages an environment that is conducive to living a healthy, productive, and flexible lifestyle.
Benefits and Perks include, but are not limited to:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance options; effective the first day of hire
- 401 (k) retirement option with employer match contribution
- Paid Time Off Accruals (including sick time accruals)
- Paid Time Off for most Federal holidays
- Time off for Maternity, Paternity, Military, and Bereavement
- MDLIVE: 24/7 medical support
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Care Saving Account options
- Discounts on Cardinals gear & paraphernalia
- Tuition reimbursement & Professional Growth opportunities
- Daily free lunch
- Complimentary season tickets
- Subsidized gym memberships
The Arizona Cardinals Football Club is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.