Head of Data Engineering
Department: Strategy & Corporate Development
Direct Supervisor: Senior Vice President, Strategy & Corporate Development
The Head of Data Engineering will oversee a newly formed team that centralizes data engineering and BI within the organization, with the goal of creating a scalable and flexible data platform that can be used to drive meaningful business impact (i.e. increase enterprise value) across all parts of the organization. A successful candidate will not only support the team’s existing efforts in these areas but help identify and source new opportunities by gaining a deep understanding of the business.
- This is a full-time position based on site at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, FL.
- Build and manage a team of high performing data engineers.
- Own the roadmap for the Data Platform, defining requirements, priority, and driving programs to completion.
- Partner with the data analytics team to understand the Company’s analytical priorities and data needs
- Build the data platform as an internal product, making data available to different internal customers in appropriate formats (i.e. queryable for analysts, accessible via a UI for non-technical users).
- Drive our ongoing migration to a modern data stack in which Analysts and Engineers can self-service changes in an automated, tested, and high-quality manner.
- Build data governance solutions into every part of the platform.
- Manage the ongoing build vs buy evaluation across the different component parts of our data platform.
- Ability to effectively balance multiple simultaneous priorities and deadlines with tight and changing timelines.
- 5+ years of experience in a data engineering role.
- 3+ years of experience as a people manager; track record of building high performing data engineering teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, Engineering, or a related technical field; an advanced degree is a nice to have.
- Experience building in public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, or Azure), and associated deep understanding of failover, high-availability, and high scalability.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), including the ability to tailor communications to a broad range of internal and external audiences.
- Deep experience working with analytics, business intelligence, data science, and data engineering teams.
- Exceptional capacity for problem solving, critical thinking, and business judgement.
- Self-starter who can operate with minimal guidance and is proactive in developing internal and external relationships and identifying growth opportunities for the Company.
- A bias for action and results while remaining highly collaborative. Ability to identify the right stakeholders to involve for each workstream and drive healthy and productive debate.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance (including voluntary coverage for spouses and children)
- Long term disability insurance
- Ticket benefits for events including Miami Dolphins games, the Formula 1 Crypto.com Miami Grand Prix, and the Miami Open
- Employee gym, subsidized lunch program, and discounts on a variety of products and services
- 401k, Paid time off (PTO), and company holidays
The Miami Dolphins, Hard Rock Stadium and South Florida Motorsports are proud to be Drug-Free Workplaces. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.