The New York Mets are seeking a person, preferably with staff supervision experience, who enjoys working outdoors in a fast-paced environment. Willing to train a candidate with strong skill set. Main job functions include overseeing parking partner’s staff, revenue collection and traffic flows. Must be able to work majority of NYM home games, USTA US Open (8/26/24-9/8/24) and a few additional special events and concerts. Shifts begin two or three hours prior to scheduled game or event time, generally last seven to eight hours per day, and require evening and weekend availability.
The New York Mets Parking Supervisor is a part-time seasonal position, however, event dependent, often there are events year round. This is an hourly position which serves to provide a seamless parking experience for each guest by providing assistance with traffic flows and revenue operation pre and post-game or event at Citi Field. Staff members are mobile between parking lots and gates to help guide guests to general, employee and VIP parking areas, as well as stadium entrances.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Proactively manage traffic flows with parking management and NYPD.
• Oversee revenue operation with parking management.
• Provide informational and directional assistance to guests.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED SKILLS:
• Willingness to be a team player by executing any essential duties performed by parking partner, such as traffic directing.
• Stamina to stay outdoors in parking lots until traffic flow subsides, which could require standing in the elements for large portions of shift.
• Weekends and evening shifts required.
• Ability to work 2-3 hours prior to game/event start time and/or approximately 60-90 minutes past the end of all Mets home games and other events throughout the year as required (shifts are generally 7-8 hours).
• Possess a valid driver’s license to operate golf cart during shifts.
• Strong driving skills to confidently navigate through parking lots and local traffic on a golf cart.
ADDITIONAL KEYS TO SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE:
• Professional demeanor with outgoing attitude
• Confidence to converse with guests, co-workers in other departments and outside agencies such as the NYPD.
• Ability to work independently while maintaining communication with the parking team, including listening and responding to radio communications while other activities are being monitored.
• Apply proactive thinking to create quick responses to situations.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature, type, and level of work to be performed. The information is not intended to be an exhaustive or complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The individual selected may perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
The New York Mets recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and value the unique qualities individuals of various backgrounds and experiences can offer to the Organization. Our continued success depends heavily on the quality of our workforce. The Organization is committed to providing employees with the opportunity to develop to their fullest potential.
Salary: $20 an hour