The New York Mets are looking for seasonal hourly members for our Guest Service Representative team. GSRs are responsible for greeting and directing our Guests to their seating areas according to their ticket information. You are focused on welcoming and assisting our Guests, providing information, and promptly reporting any issues our Guests may encounter to bolster their gameday experience.
· Politely request all Guest’s tickets to uphold seat integrity in the ballpark
· Request that ticketed Guests trying to enter the aisle wait for a stoppage in play before they do so. When working at the top of a section it is your job to politely ask Guests to keep moving while in the aisles to avoid congestion and blocking the view of other Guests.
· Greet and welcome Guests as they approach you – don’t wait for them to ask you for assistance – be sure to make eye contact and smile!
· Assist all Guests with any questions they may have – this requires you to build a thorough knowledge of the Citi Field layout with assistance from our Staff Handbook that is a required part of your uniform each day.
· As you work your post, be alert to any Guest that may need additional assistance.
· Remain vigilant in observing your section for any behavior that violates the Guest Code of Conduct.
· Respond promptly to concerns raised by our Guests. Listen to the Guest’s complaint without interrupting them. If you are unable to resolve the situation, you can contact your Supervisor for assistance.
· At the end of the event, it is your job to thank people for coming out to the ballpark. During this time please smile, approach guests to inquire if they need any assistance and look for items in the seating area that may have been left behind by Guests and turn them in to your Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED SKILLS:
· Must be a member of Local 176 Licensed Ushers and Ticket Takers Union
· A flexible schedule for nights, weekends and holidays during the baseball season with a required availability for 2024 in-person training dates.
· Punctuality is key for this position including being on-time for roll call, responding to homestand scheduling forms and reporting back from break in a timely fashion.
· Display excitement and proactively engaging in conversation with every guest in attendance to create lifelong memories
· GSRs must understand how to read tickets (ticket location/club access etc.) and will attend technology training if deemed necessary by the employer.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature, type, and level of work to be performed. The information is not intended to be an exhaustive or complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The individual selected may perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
The New York Mets recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and value the unique qualities individuals of various backgrounds and experiences can offer to the Organization. Our continued success depends heavily on the quality of our workforce. The Organization is committed to providing employees with the opportunity to develop to their fullest potential.
$107 per 6 Hour Shift