Job Title: Specialist – Game Day Mobile Ticketing (seasonal)
Job Summary: Our Game-Day Mobile Ticketing Specialist position is a seasonal position necessary for ticketed events at Kauffman Stadium. This position is responsible for handling and resolving mobile ticketing related issues around Kauffman Stadium during games and/or other events. They will have the knowledge and understanding of mobile ticketing, the MLB Ballpark app, and other related ticketing apps. They are responsible for helping guests access, transfer, and accept tickets before entering Kauffman Stadium.
· Engage with all guests in a professional, enthusiastic, and friendly manner.
· Assist fans with common Ballpark app issues and questions including but not limited to:
o Verifying accounts
o Accessing tickets
o Forwarding and accepting forwarded tickets
· Efficiently resolve issues and concerns related to mobile tickets while upholding a high standard of customer service.
· Assist nearby ticket sellers with guest questions regarding the MLB Ballpark App.
· Other duties as assigned.
Position Qualifications, Skills, and Experience Required:
· At least 1 year of Customer Service or related experience preferred.
· Must have a flexible schedule and be available to work most or all game-days including weekends, holidays, and nights.
· Must be able to work in outdoor conditions.
· Knowledge and experience of mobile ticketing and related apps preferred.
· Effective communication skills.
· Exceptional attention to detail.
· Exemplary problem-solving skills.
· Energetic and enthusiastic.
· Must be able to stand 2+ hours per shift.
· Mobile Specialists will be utilized for Royals Home Games and any other ticketed events hosted at Kauffman Stadium during the Baseball season.
· Ability to lift items weighing as much as 15 pounds
· Must be able to be productive in a work environment where the noise level can be high at times
· Specific vision abilities include close vision and ability to adjust focus
· Must be comfortable walking to navigate the facility to access the office, concourse, etc.
· Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as required by deadlines and event scheduling
The physical demands described here are representative of those that may be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time; walk; use hands, handle, or feel.
This role is a Part-Time, seasonal, Non-Exempt opportunity that is not eligible for Company Benefits, 401K, and PTO. The schedule for this position is dependent on our team schedule and is subject to change.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, the Kansas City Royals will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, the Club also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions please inquire with Human Resources by email at [email protected].
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.