The FIFA World Cup 26™ will mark the first time that the tournament features 48 teams and will be hosted by three countries: Canada, Mexico, and the United States.
This new format redefines excellence, generating unique opportunities for greater participation and engagement from fans and players in North America and all over the world. Now is your time to be a game changer and join the workforce that is planning and delivering this unique and unforgettable experience.
Reporting organisationally to the Senior Manager, Team Services (USA) and Team Services Lead (Zurich) the Manager, Team Services Planning will be a key member of the FIFA26 Team Services team, and work in close collaboration with the FIFA Zurich Team Services team and other key individuals responsible for delivering all administrative matters within the Team Services department across three countries.
The main responsibilities and oversights of the Manager, Team Services for the FIFA World Cup 26™ include:
- Providing administrative and planning support for Team Services across operational concepts, policies and procedures;
- Leading Team Services project planning and coordinating delivery of all milestones by all team members;
- Preparing and monitoring the Team Services budget, in coordination with all members of the Team Services department;
- Supporting interactions between functional areas for the delivery of services for all participating teams and referees;
- Coordinating procedures and providing assistance to participating teams and referees on matters of immigration, customs and accreditation;
- Leading the overall workforce planning and recruitment process for Team Liaison Officers for participating teams and referees;
- Leading the overall rate card project within Team Services and coordinating the delivery of all services to be provided to teams via the system;
- Managing and supporting the Team Facilities Planning Coordinator and Team Services Planning Coordinator in their daily tasks;
- Leading the preparation of readiness exercises and training materials for tournament staff and volunteers;
- Assisting with preparations for any Team Base Camps and Team Facilities inspection visits;
- Supporting the planning and delivery of auxiliary events, such as Team Seminars and Team and Referee Workshops;
- Representing Team Services at project planning meetings and other relevant activities, as required; and
- Representing Team Services during events in the main operational center.
- Bachelors degree or similar level of education
- Excellent communicator with strong planning, organizational and administrative skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to consistently deliver at a high standard.
- Able to work closely and collaboratively with others, while being self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Able to manage a group of people working on the same projects and, as required, coordinate people in other functional areas to contribute to projects.
- Capable of making decisions using problem-solving skills and exercising sound judgement to achieve results.
- Comfortable working in an international, demanding and changing environment.
- Able to adapt to and work well with people of other cultures and backgrounds.
- Able to hire, develop, coach, appraise and retain experienced and less experienced employees.
- High energy levels, exceptional planning and organizational skills, strong negotiation and facilitation skills, excellent communication and presentation skills and positive relationship management abilities.
- A minimum of five years of experience in event/project management, ideally at the international level.
- Proven track record in managing complex projects, including both pre-event planning and event implementation.
- Fluent in English. Spanish and/or French proficiency is a plus
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio & Project), Smartsheet, planning software and online collaboration tools