We govern the beautiful game and ensure it's run with transparency and integrity.
Join our team in Miami and support us on our mission.
These are your key tasks:
- Carrying out the initial analysis of claims received by FIFA via the Legal Portal and ensuring the completeness of case files.
- Analysing disputes between football stakeholders and preparing case files for decision by the members of the FIFA Football Tribunal, taking into account existing FIFA and the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) jurisprudence.
- Supporting the other members of the Players’ Status Department and the members of the FIFA Football Tribunal.
- Giving written and/or oral advice on the regulations as well as on general legal issues to players, clubs, member associations, agents, legal advisors, etc.
- Interpreting transfer and employment-related contracts within the context of proceedings before the FIFA Football Tribunal.
We work hard at FIFA.
We are dedicated, ambitious and innovative.
And we respect our values. Always.
For all roles, we seek talented people with an entrepreneurial spirit and a global mindset.
The specific competencies we require for this position are:
- Self-confidence and diplomacy
- Solution-oriented and innovation skills, with a great ability to embrace change and new technologies and processes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work under pressure: commitment to delivering high-quality outputs in a timely manner
- University degree in law
- Qualification to practice law in the relevant jurisdiction an asset
- Specialization in sports law or proven track record within the football industry an asset
- Experience with the Transfer Matching System (TMS) an asset
- One to three years’ experience as a lawyer, preferably in an international environment
- Legal experience in a sports-related environment
- Fluency in English (oral and written) and one other FIFA language
- Ability to work in official working languages (English/French/Spanish) is an advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word/PowerPoint/Excel/Outlook)
- Familiarity with Jira is an asset
We are FIFA, the global governing body for football.
Our vision is to make football truly global, diverse and inclusive, for the benefit of the entire world. The last FIFA World Cup in Qatar in 2022 attracted more than 5 billion viewers and the last FIFA Women's World Cup in Australia and New Zealand in 2023 was the greatest-ever FIFA Women's World Cup that inspired millions of girls and women around the globe. The opportunities for growth are exciting.
We are a modern organisation with over 850 passionate employees who are Living Football every day. Our headquarters are based in Zurich, Switzerland, and we have offices in Miami and Paris, plus eleven regional offices from New Zealand to India, Congo, Panama and Paraguay.