As a key part of our front-of-the-house team, you will act as a communication and seating expert, ensuring every guest expectation is met and every experience is a positive one. Your superior people skills will put you at ease, as you interact with guest and promote the Backyard Bistro brand.
Key Duties and responsibilities
● Come to work on time and prepared for your shift in proper uniform.
● Protect business and guests by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
● Welcome and greet guests with a smile. Make all our guests feel comfortable and let them know you’re there to personally take care of them.
● Learn and understand the menu, floor chart, restaurant history, policies, managers and owners.
● Inform guests of specials and any menu changes.
● Make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
● Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
● Take food and beverage orders from our guests, enter orders in our POS system when necessary
● Deliver food and beverage orders from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely, sanitary and safe manner if needed
● Perform side work at the start, during and end of each shift as required by assignment.
● Maintain clean areas at all time.
● Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
● Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise.
● Be ready and willing to assist with clearing and resetting tables.
● Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
● Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant and other services as directed by management.
● Attend all scheduled employee meetings and bring suggestions for improvement.
● Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
This position does represent the company in handling complaints, arbitrating disputes or resolving grievances, as a Host/Hostess you will be expected to work with guests and visitors to ensure satisfaction. A Host/Hostess will have to take initiative and get creative in resolving guest challenges and involve a supervisor only when previous methods have been unsuccessful.
● Must be at least 18 years old
● Previous serving experience preferred.
● Demonstrate sound moral and ethical principles at work.
● Exhibits excellent customer service skills.
● Works effectively in a team environment.
● Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Must have basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions.
● Demonstrates strong organizational and time management skills.
● Demonstrate the ability to be an effective multi-tasker by successfully handling multiple guests and tasks in a timely manner.
● Shows tremendous knowledge of proper sanitation practices as well as strong knowledge of food safety regulations and procedures.
● Have reliable transportation to and from work.
Hurricanes Holding, LLC reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Hurricanes Holdings, LLC may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description. This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.