As a key part of our Catering team. you will act as our high-quality standards expert, ensuring every guest expectation is met and every experience is a positive one. Your duties will consist of assisting the team in preparations, set-up, productions, and breakdown. You will play a key role in contributing to our customers’ satisfaction and the overall success of the Backyard Bistro brand.
Starting pay is $17.00/hr
Key Duties and responsibilities
● Come to work on time and prepared for your shift in proper uniform.
● Quickly become efficient in specified preparation of all menu items.
● Follow any given directions and ensuring quality standard and prepare various food items, including vegetables, poultry, meats, and seafood for cooking using different methods and kitchen equipment such as oven, broilers, fryers and grills.
● Stock and manage assigned food station(s) and ensure quality of food served
● Physically inspect and see all food sent from the kitchen and make requisitions for food items and supplies that are needed.
● Understand and adhere to company’s policies and processes, cooking methods, standard portion sizes, and kitchen rules and quality standards.
● Ensure sufficient amount of food products and other necessary products detailed for each event are loaded in assigned vehicles.
● Ensure work station on site including tables, grills fryers, pasta, broilers, cookers convection oven, sauté burners, refrigeration equipment, and flat top range are kept cleaned and sanitized always following safety and sanitation policies and processes of the company.
● Keep to proper garnish set up and plate presentation for every dish..
● Ensure proper closure of event by following closing checklist; also, help lead others
● Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation and/or other services as directed by management.
● Attend all scheduled employee meetings and bring suggestions for improvement.
● Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
● Able to read, write, speak and understand English.
● Demonstrate sound moral and ethical principles at work.
● Ability to work in a fast-paced and stressful environment without losing composure still maintaining high quality standards.
● Exhibits excellent cooking skills and knowledge of different cooking methods.
● Well-versed in preparing food items constantly while adhering to recipe standards.
● Highly skilled in setting up stations in the restaurant.
● Committed to practice, check, and strengthen food safety procedures.
● Competent at creating and upholding a safe working environment.
● Able to re-stock all items as required all through shift.
● Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with staff and customers.
● Good math and written communication skills.
● Track record of working in a flexible timetable based on employer’s requirements.
● Eager to perform all kinds of additional tasks assigned by the manager.
● Demonstrated ability to build and maintain quick, accurate and excellent customer relationships.
● Have reliable transportation to and from work.
Education and Experience
● High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
● ServSafe Certified highly preferred.
● 2 years of previous cook/prep experience.
Hurricanes Holding, LLC reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Hurricanes Holdings, LLC may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description. This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.