The Minor League Affiliate Dietitian will serve as a member of the Sport Performance team during Minor League Spring Training in Fort Myers, FL while also serving their assigned affiliates in the Affiliate Dietitian role throughout the affiliate season. The role is primarily responsible for providing on-site nutrition support –including the delivery of meals, developing and providing nutrition education, and creating player-specific nutritional plans.
Additionally, with a focus on cross-departmental collaboration, the Affiliate Dietitian will ensure execution of programming and support that is part of a comprehensive player plan to optimize for athletic performance, while ensuring the health and safety of the Red Sox Minor League player pool. The role will directly report to the Minor League Nutrition Coordinator.
As the Red Sox continue to build a team capable of being THE standard in player AND staff development, we are looking for candidates who are organized with uncompromising attention to detail, inquisitive, intellectually curious, data-driven, and open minded. Due to the nature of the role, the candidate must also possess strong interpersonal, communication, and teamwork/leadership skills.
- Oversee all aspects of catering/ meal service for the affiliate - coordinate the development of menus, communicate expectations (e.g., food variety, quantity, and quality) with food service suppliers and/or caterers, and ensure food safety protocols are followed.
- Manage fueling and hydration stations – including ordering snacks and supplements, providing appropriate education, and ensuring any nutrition initiatives are in compliance with MLB policies.
- Assess and analyze player dietary practices – including player testing and monitoring.
- Develop individualized goals and nutrition and maintain records of player interactions and test results.
- Assist in the development of educational materials to support a structured, progressive educational program that grows with the athletes as they move through the minor league system.
- Serve as a reliable food and nutrition resource for athletes and staff, ensuring all content provided is in alignment with evidence-based research and the Boston Red Sox’s nutritional philosophy.
- Assist the Minor League Dietetics Coordinator in managing the budget for the team including organizing, planning, forecasting, purchasing, and tracking expenses.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Exercise Science, or a related field.
- Certified as a Registered Dietitian.
- Working toward CSSD credential (Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics) preferred.
- First Aid/CPR is required.
- ServSafe Manager Certification will be required prior to the start of the position.
- Experience working as a dietitian in a multi-disciplinary performance team is preferred.
- Baseball or softball work experience is preferred.
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Attendance and participation at Spring Training in Fort Myers and ability to report to assigned affiliate are required.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination based on race, religious creed, color, sex, age, national origin, handicap, disability, military/veteran status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or protected genetic information.