JOB TITLE: Gameday Member Services Representative (Seasonal)
DEPARTMENT: Ticket Partnerships
REPORTS TO: Coordinator, Member Services
We are looking for hard-working and customer service focused individuals to staff our Birdland Member Lounge and facilitate Birdland Rewards redemption at our 2023 season home games. Representatives will greet members and provide a smooth transaction while picking up rewards, ensuring the member is aware of all eligible rewards and membership benefits. Each staff member is expected to gain a full knowledge of our Birdland Membership program including all ticketing policies and benefits.
COMPENSATION: Part-time, seasonal, hourly
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcome Members into our Birdland Member Lounge
- Scan lounge passes for entry and monitor capacity
- Setup and breakdown of Birdland Rewards Center
- Facilitating pickup of Birdland Rewards items
- Assisting Birdland Members with digital redemption process for Birdland Rewards
- Educating Birdland Members on available rewards and benefits
- Restocking and inventory of rewards items
- Answering questions from members regarding their plan
- Passionate learner and grower looking to start a career in sports and/or hospitality industry
- Experience in a customer service role preferred, and experience within a professional sports environment a bonus
- Enthusiastic and fan-friendly attitude
- Strong customer service skills especially in face-to-face situations
- Excellent communication skills
- Courteous and respectful of all staff, members, and fans
- Ability to solve problems under pressure
- Ability to follow written and/or oral instructions
- Ability to work in all types of weather (heat, cold, rain)
- Flexible and willingness to learn all aspects of the job
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Adhere to Baltimore Orioles organization policies and procedures
- Ability to work at least 70 regular season home games including weekends and evening (Weekend availability is a must)
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management
- Become proficient in our online Birdland Rewards platform.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
The Baltimore Orioles are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race (including hair textures, afro hairstyles, or protective hairstyles), color, national origin or ancestry, religion or creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran’s status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.