|6 days ago
|09 Feb 2024 23:59
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the West Ham United Retail department for a Retail Floor Manager.
We are looking for someone to be responsible for managing and maximising sales and profitability as well as maintaining excellent visual and customer service standards. This highly motivated individual will also provide cover in the absence of store management and work along the other two floor managers.
* Maximising profitability of the store by achieving budget
* Provide excellent customer service and guide the sales team to deliver service beyond customers’ expectations
* Maintain store visual standards and shopfloor replenishment levels to ensure that the space is maximised, and margin is delivered
* Support, motivate and guide the sales team to deliver the best service and store standards.
* Reduce stock loss by active loss prevention management.
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
* Reviews individual and team targets daily with store management.
* Monitors individuals progress against daily targets; ensure tasks are rotated amongst the team.
* Review key trading information weekly, eg Bestsellers and communicate this to team
* React and be flexible to changing trading circumstances which change priorities and deadlines.
* When covering for store management draws up a daily action plan and communicates objectives and responsibilities to team
* Draws up own weekly action plan and communicates this to store management.
* Undertake banking and payroll duties, providing Accounts with any necessary documentation; including till reconciliation
* Weekly review of Trading Reports for Stadium eg. Non Sellers Report to ensure all issues are identified and dealt with promptly
* Regularly review and complete shop administrative tasks, eg. Internal Control Checks Report and report issues and discrepancies to Management
* Maximising sales and profitability within the store through excellent visual and customer standards
* Creating, implementing and driving company initiatives to increase sales and team motivation
* Provide feedback to Store Manager on a regular basis to advise on how to improve sales, promotions and operations
Provide excellent customer service and guide the sales team to deliver.
* Demonstrate professionalism in all contact with customers and a passion for delivering the best service
* Ensure that all store employees have the necessary customer service training to ensure that they provide the best experience to WHU customers
* Act as a role model for all employees; demonstrating the importance of customer service
* Improvement in customer conversion and average transaction values
Maintain the stores visual standards
* Acts in a professional way when dealing with angry and rude customers
* Reviews the Trading Reports with store management and develops a replen action plan
* Communicates action plan and replen objectives clearly to team
* Oversees the shopfloor replen dealing with any issues that arise to ensure maximum use of available shopfloor space
* Leads the team with hands-on approach to visual merchandising
* Ensures that the visual standards for the store are maintained and consistent
* Ensures all product is displayed with a price and barcode, and a security tag if appropriate
* Ensure that all point of sale material is in place and relevant to the product and/or promotion
* Applying a good understanding of competitor activity and reacting and feeding back accordingly
* Monitoring new ranges in store and feeding back any stock issues
* Promoting and delivering consistency of the WHUFC brand through excellence in visual standards – in line with company guidelines and expectations
Support, motivate and guide the sales team
* Set an example as a role model for store employees demonstrating passion for the customer, product and WHU
* Respect the confidentiality of communication with other Supervisors, Store managers, Buying Manager and Merchandiser
* Create a positive team spirit to ensure colleagues feel motivated and enthusiastic
* Show openness towards learning from more experienced colleagues or manager and be accountable for personal development
* Respectful of how others are treated and able to deal with issues in a positive and non-threatening way; escalating to senior management where necessary
* Monitors staff punctuality
* Provide guidance and support for other team members and new recruits to ensure consistency regarding instore operations
* Monitoring achievement of daily tasks and giving honest and constructive feedback to others in a constructive and professional manner
* Ensure that all Health and Safety Guidelines are adhered to
* Leading by example and optimizing sales through a variety of selling techniques and sound product knowledge
* Promoting, monitoring and managing service levels within the team, through observations and two way feedback
* Ensure all staff are allocated jobs to do throughout the day
Reduce stock loss
* Assist with the coordination of the shop floor and stockrooms audits as required by the Internal Auditor.
* Enforces staff search guidelines when required
* Responsibility for the store opening and closing procedures in the absence of store management
* Conduct daily loss prevention procedures such as bag checks to ensure that theft is minimised
Education & Qualifications
* To be educated to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
* Demonstrate excellent standard of spoken and written English
* Good level of numeracy
* Minimum of 2 years working in Retail with previous Supervisory experience an advantage
* Demonstrate experience of providing excellent customer service
* Previous management experience in a high turnover store (preferable)
Abilities/ Skills/ Knowledge
Understanding and commitment to the Club’s Equality Policy and ability to promote anti-discriminatory practice.
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities. Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.