The Manager, Partnership Marketing involves implementation and fulfilling Club corporate partners with the Portland Timbers. This position also builds relationships with partners along with providing proactive activation ideas in consultation with the Business Development Team finding the most mutually beneficial actions to execute the contract. This position reports to the Vice President of Partnership Marketing.
- Serve as primary liaison between Portland Timbers and assigned sponsor accounts to ensure and maintain positive relationships.
- Manage all aspects of partnership fulfillment for assigned accounts including, but not limited to weekly status calls, invoicing, hospitality, community programming & match day activations.
- Collaborate with our business development team to manage key category development, platform ideation for new and existing partners, design high-level vision decks, and interactive pitch meetings.
- Work with internal departments to compile and share research, data, success rate, and market trends with partners
- Keeps inventory of all corporate partnership signage in Providence Park and practice facility. Main contact for submitting all logos/artwork for proofs. Also works on signage installation schedules with Operations. Works with MLS and NWSL on field signage approvals. Research new signage opportunities.
- Responsible for trafficking all TV and radio for corporate partners. Works with Todd on incoming order opportunities, ensures MLS/AppleTV received spots, contacts clients when a new spot is needed, and updates the broadcast/marketing department on new inventory opportunities. Responsible for pulling affidavits as needed by the Sales Directors and PM department.
- Develop and track revenue retention and organic growth pipeline
- Effectively track the delivery of partnership elements
- Generate and present mid-year and end-year partnership recaps to exhibit ROI
- Assist with game night activities, as well as special events as needed
Required Abilities and Skills:
- Demonstrates ability to effectively build a network of contacts at all levels within the industry and in the community, both internally and externally.
- Deep understanding of marketing through corporate partnerships and the value proposition for clients
- Establish credibility through timely, responsive, and truthful interactions.
- Organizational skills with the ability to manage time effectively, while balancing and prioritizing multiple or competing tasks.
- Creative and innovative; the ability to see alternatives and solutions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree and at least 3-5 years’ relevant work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and strong team player mentality.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and some holidays.
- Experience in sports, event and/or entertainment sponsorship.
- The qualified candidate will also have a strong knowledge of MS Office products, CRM, SportsDigita, SponsorUnited and third-party research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.