About Orlando City and Orlando Pride:
With two major professional teams, Orlando City and Orlando Pride, the Orlando City Soccer Club (OCSC) has established itself as one of the preeminent Clubs in professional soccer.
Orlando City joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015. In 2019, Orlando City re-launched Orlando City B (OCB) to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
The Orlando Pride, OCSC’s National Women’s Soccer League franchise, began play in 2016 – bringing professional women’s soccer to Orlando for the first time.
Orlando City and Orlando Pride play at Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium built in 2017 and located in the heart of Downtown Orlando.
With a footprint across the central Florida region and a roster comprised of international and home-grown talent, Orlando City and Orlando Pride boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes.
TITLE: Grounds Associate (Seasonal)
DEPARTMENT: Training Facilities
REPORTS TO: Head Groundskeeper - Training Facilities
FLSA: Part time, Hourly
Associates will have the opportunity to learn about the history, culture, and vision of Orlando City SC, understanding the importance of how a professional sports organization works (which could include sales, marketing, public relations, operations, or the internal working of the Club), to further develop general critical thinking, problem-solving, time management, communication, and writing skills.
WHAT SETS YOU APART
Orlando City SC is seeking a hardworking, positive and passionate individual who wish to supplement their classroom instruction with practical experience facilitating professional sports turf maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Assist with the field upkeep of the Orlando Health Training Ground at Osceola Heritage Park.
● Learn how to effectively provide a professional playing surface through maintenance practices that include but are not limited to mowing, aerating, verticutting, divot repair, fertilizing, and top dressing.
● Collaborate with groundskeepers from other facilities, including Exploria Stadium and the Orlando Health Training Ground at Sylvan Lake Park, to assist with projects as needed
● Build positive working relationships with the coaching staff at the men’s training facility, including Orlando City SC, OCB and Academy
● Learn how to quickly problem solve and plan a maintenance schedule around a full season’s training and game schedule.
● Create/Provide a positive and hard-working environment that is eager to learn the ins and outs of the sports turf industry, while being ready and willing to step in when needed.
● In addition to daily assignments, each associate will have the opportunity to learn and be involved with assignments at Exploria Stadium that include, but are not limited to, field maintenance, painting, working games if desired, and attending grounds budget meetings.
● Other duties as assigned.
To perform this associate program successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of eligibility requirements, knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary:
● Applicants should be working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree with an emphasis in Sports Turf Management or related field.
● Strong written and verbal skills.
● Exceptional reliability, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills required.
● An Innovative Individual who can come up with ideas and work extremely well within a team to come up with creative solutions and identify new opportunities, often in a high-pressure, fast-changing environment.
● Strong attention to small details is a must.
● Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere.
● Strong interest in soccer and sports is a plus.
● A sense of humor is a must (prepare to tell us about a good joke in your interview).
● Associate will be working around 20-30 hours weekly.
● Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
● Associateship is, preferably, for the entire MLS season (February to November), but semester-based associates will also be considered.
● Associate can be working toward an academic credit for this opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.