Provides administrative and gameday support to all members of the Guest Experience Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the First Game Certificate program including the tracking, creating, printing and mailing of commemorative certificates.
• Organize the display of Guest Experience stanchion setup in high profile VIP areas.
• Document and catalog departmental inventories (including uniforms, consumables, and operational items).
• Support Lost and Found operations including gathering, organizing and logging items and responding to inquires during the season.
• Distribute departmental items to front office and gameday staff including but not limited to nametags, pins, handbooks & uniforms.
• Assist with training materials for all training sessions and oversee registration for attendees
• Provide in-ballpark support to the Guest Experience game day employees.
• Aid with creation of employee participation programs including the Citi Field Chronicle, gameday quizzes and more.
• Contribute towards departmental functions during the season including staff recognition programs, promotional giveaways and the end of the year staff party.
• Serve as a liaison between ballpark guests and the club with effective utilization of CRM for expeditious response time and tracking of guest questions and complaints
Qualifications & Required Skills:
Bachelor’s degree required
1 year of Guest Service experience preferred (hospitality, entertainment or retail)
Must be able to work approximately 30 minutes past the end of all Mets home games and other events/promotions throughout the year as required.
Professional demeanor and excellent verbal and written communication skills required
Must be a creative, detail-oriented “people person” with a positive, upbeat, high-energy personality capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously
Must be team-oriented, extremely motivated, proactive, and able to work independently
Must possess a strong working knowledge of MS Office software, with an emphasis on Excel
The above information is intended to describe the general nature, type, and level of work to be performed. The information is not intended to be an exhaustive or complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The individual selected may perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
The New York Mets recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and value the unique qualities individuals of various backgrounds and experiences can offer to the Organization. Our continued success depends heavily on the quality of our workforce. The Organization is committed to providing employees with the opportunity to develop to their fullest potential.