If you are interested in sports jobs with the New Orleans Pelicans,
you’re in the right place!
The Birmingham Squadron, the New Orleans Pelicans G-League affiliate team, is seeking a talented and passionate individual who is committed to becoming a Sales and Service leader in the Sports Industry! If you enjoy relationship building and generating new business, this position may be for you! This individual is responsible for renewing and growing a book of business of 100-300 Squadron Full Season Ticket Holders and Premium Season Ticket Holders. The Ticket Sales and Operations Account Executive is responsible for a full menu of products to renew and sell including Squadron Full Season/Partial Season Tickets, Annual/Single Game Suites, Group Tickets, Mini Plans and corporate partnerships. In addition, the Ticket Sales and OperationsAccount Executive is expected to provide first-class, elevated customer service to all Squadron Season Ticket Holders and fans during game day. Training and support will be provided by the leadership team, namely from the Manager of Ticket Sales, Service, and Operations.
This position is full-time, based in Brimingham, AL.
What you will be doing:
- Meet and/or exceed monthly and yearly Sales and Service goals
- Provide first-class, elevated customer service & experience for Season Ticket Holders
- Develop relationships with clients via quarterly touchpoints. Account base to be roughly 100-300 clients: touchpoints executed via outbound/inbound phone calls, emails, and face to face appointments at our game nights or out of office
- Grow a book of business of 100-300 Squadron full Season Ticket Holders via upgrading their seats, selling additional seats, obtaining referrals, and capitalizing on suite and group opportunities
- Meet with clients and establish relationships with potential customers and prospects
- Sell New Squadron business through self-prospecting, cold calling, etc.
- Resolve Season Ticket Holder and fans questions and complaints such as: Adding on Single Game and Group Tickets to Accounts, How to access and manage their account online (Ticket Printing, Ticket Forwarding, Ticket Donating), Taking Payments, Handling Declines, Parking
- Attend weekly/monthly Training Sessions
- Work Squadron Home Games to preform duties such as: Visiting with clients at Sales & Service table and in their seats, Coordinating and Facilitating key events and experiences such as VIP Pregame Warmups and Squadron Warmup, Creating “Wow Moments” for clients, Resolving customer service issues in a professional and respectful manner.
- Manage customer interaction using Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Process ticket sales orders and requests daily for the Birmingham Squadron
- Assist with maintenance of all accounts, including but not limited to: account's financial details, seat relocations, seat and ticket upgrade requests, editing of account information while adhering to policies and procedures
- Assist in reporting and all ticket operations functions on game days
- Assist the overall operation of the Squadron will call and sales/box office windows on all game days
- Assist in the production, design, and distribution of tickets and related media
- Act as customer service representative for customer inquiries; possess a knowledge of the events in other departments in order to answer customer questions or direct them to the proper staff member
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager
- Attend team and community events for maximizing service opportunities
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment with all levels in the organization
- Ability to work under the stress of deadlines and prioritize work when given multiple projects
- Ability to take direction and work well with others
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, some holidays and event nights
- Other duties as assigned by department leadership
- Understand and be a part of the Birmingham Squadron core values:
- Celebrate Individuality
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of sales experience from within the sports and entertainment industry
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Preference to candidates with ticketing system experience, specifically Archtics
- Creative and detail-oriented organizational skills; able to multi-task and see projects through to completion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire and willingness to learn; open to feedback and constructive criticism
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends and holidays, as this position is expected to work all game days
- Must be able to sit and work at a computer 80% of the day
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed based on the schedule of the NBA G League
- Occasionally move general office equipment or supplies up to 20 pounds
Applications must be submitted online. Please do not mail or email resumes to the Pelicans. All qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or by email. Please do not contact the Pelicans Human Resources or Hiring Manager to check the status of your application. When applying, please be sure your updated contact information is provided.
The New Orleans Pelicans are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for candidates and employees regardless of their membership in any protected classifications. The Pelicans will not discriminate in violation of the law on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, and pregnancy), religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and/or any other legally protected class under applicable federal, state, or local laws. This anti-discrimination policy applies with respect to all employment decisions, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge. The Pelicans are committed to equal opportunity for persons with disabilities in compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act and state law. If you feel you need an accommodation for a disability, please inform us. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If you request an accommodation, it is essential that you participate fully in the interactive process.