SUMMARY: The NHL ATC will work on a game day basis – up to 5 hrs prior to the game and 1 hr post -game. Based on team standings, expectations are that the ATC will work to setup, support, and breakdown NHL equipment and systems prior to and following the season of approximately 41-60 dates throughout the year.
ESSENTIAL DUITES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The role of the Pre-Game ATC is to be the primary contact among the team of support personnel working to ensure 100% uptime of NHL Game Operations and Broadcast Operations systems at NHL arenas.
- The Pre-Game ATC will be the NHL's liaison in the arena working with Team and Building Operations Staffs, Team Video Coaches, NHL On & Off-Ice Officials, League Representatives, and NHL Broadcast Rightsholders.
- The Pre-Game ATC is responsible for the management of all cabling used in the arena used for NHL audio/video systems and NHL HITS scoring and TVI systems. Systems supported are (and not limited to): NHL Game Operations Cameras; NHL Intercom System; HITS scoring; NHL HITS TVI; Referee Microphone System; NHL Video Replay; Coach’s Challenge; Clock & Stats distribution systems; XOS iBench; NHL Network Arena Cam.
- The Pre-Game ATC is responsible for the monitoring of NHL systems before, during and post-game.
- They are to record all hardware, software, network and system issues in the NHL’s internal central ticketing system, while escalating appropriate issues to NHL Helpdesk, the Technical Operations Center, and/or designated NHL Technical Operations Managers.
- The ideal candidate will have 3-5 yrs of Tier 1 support of Technical Systems;
- Previous experience in Broadcast Technology, RF Transmission, and live event support are a plus but not required.
- The individual must have a working knowledge of data and serial communications standards, computers and local area networks.
- Familiarity with HD-SDI video and cameras, fiber optic and RF transmission, and signal processing are a plus.
- This individual must be able to effectively troubleshoot cabling, network, and communications issues without on-site support.
- Ideal candidate should have strong attention to detail; the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and the ability to communicate clearly, concisely both orally and in writing.
When responding, please indicate your hockey experience in your cover letter or on your resume. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No emails or phone calls please.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.