The Seasonal Box Office Associate position is dedicated to the efficient servicing of customers through walk up ticket sales and any Ticket Operations department needs duties as assigned. Seasonal Box Office Associates are expected to exhibit championship caliber professionalism while interacting with personnel at all levels of the Rockets Organization, Third Party Event Staff, and Toyota Center Guests. Potential candidates will be trained to perform customer service requests such as ticket sales, exchanges, upgrades, and additional operations tasks within the AXS ticketing system. The Seasonal Box Office Associate will work a schedule of 39 hours, Monday through Friday, ranging from 9:30AM to 5:00PM.
- Demonstrate our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork
- Handle outbound and inbound box office calls
- Handle live chat inquiries
- Interact with guests to answer questions and resolve ticketing issues
- Handle cash and credit card transactions and keep a balanced cash drawer
- Receive and file event will call
- Maintain and stock supplies for the box office windows
- Review and respond to customer inquiries (voicemail and email)
- Prepare box office windows for events
- Create event maps and keep event books up to date
- Run ticketing reports
- All other duties assigned by supervisor
- At least 18 years of age.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to maintain a clean work area.
- Previous cash handling experience.
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel Experience.
- Prior use of AXS ticketing system preferred
- Previous box office experience preferred.
- Canva and 3D Paint Experience preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is preferred, but not required
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and communicate with others.
- The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
- The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
- The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.