The Box Office Associate is a part-time position dedicated to the efficient servicing of customers through walk up ticket sales and resolution of ticket issues. Box Office Associates are encouraged to exhibit championship caliber professionalism while interacting with personnel at all levels of the Rockets Organization, Third Party Event Staff, and Toyota Center Guests. The position will require you to work a schedule ranging from 3 to 20 hours per week depending upon the event schedule, with most call times starting at or around 5:00 p.m.
- Demonstrate our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
- Interact with guests to answer questions and resolve ticketing issues.
- Handle cash and credit card transactions and keep a balanced cash drawer.
- Receive and file event will call.
- Answer incoming phone calls.
- All other duties assigned by supervisor.
- High School diploma
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Prior use of AXS or similar ticket system preferred.
- Applicants are required to sign up for at least 6 shifts a month. Applicants will work all Rockets games and Third-party events as scheduled. This schedule will consist of evenings, weekends, and holidays. Shifts typically begin at 5:00 p.m. and end at 9:00 p.m.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not required.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and communicate with others.
- The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
- The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
- The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.