Chicago Fire Football Club is a Major League Soccer team that was founded in 1997. The Club returned to Soldier Field as well as opened a new 50,000 square foot business office in the heart of the city. With tremendous growth and expansion, the Club is laying the foundation for an ambitious vision that will transform the Club in the coming years.
The Chicago Fire Football Club is seeking a Junior Graphic Designer with strong conceptual capabilities who is prepared to take their ideas all the way through to final delivery over print and digital.
This role requires a ‘can do’ attitude and will reside within the organization’s Marketing Department and will report directly to the Creative Director. This person will also engage with the Director of Marketing, Community Relations Director, Director of Communications, Social Media Manager, Web Content Producer, Senior Video Producer, media + external creative agencies, and the marketing team.
- Create and deliver compelling design concepts - graphics and layouts that are more than just photoshop cut outs with drop shadows.
- Develop creative that supports sales and builds equity in the Chicago Fire FC brand while working within brand guidelines and any established campaign structure as needed
- Take tasks from design brief all the way through to implementation on multiple platforms
- Other duties as assigned
- Highly skilled in using industry-leading software and technologies, ie: Adobe Creative Cloud - InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Figma, PowerPoint and Keynote.
- Proven graphic design experience with a strong portfolio
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment with ability to multi-task and collaborate
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, ie: nights and weekends around hockey games
- Awareness of and interest in latest digital + social media trends shaping professional sports, ie: the cross-section of sports // pop culture // music // fashion // art // entertainment
- Passionate and invested in your work and curious to learn
- Possession of creative and artistic flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Ability to communicate and present ideas to peers whilst explaining design decisions
- Comfortable tackling problems head-on and adapting to shifting priorities
- A motivated self-starter with a no-task-too-small attitude
- A champion of great design
- Chicago Fire FC is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion. Our diversity initiatives start with the recruitment and selection process; therefore, we’d like to welcome all diverse candidates to apply to opportunities within our Club.
- CFFC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, sexual orientation, sexual orientation or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
- If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected] to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.