The Account Executive’s (AE) main responsibility is to produce ticket revenue by developing and maintaining season and group ticket accounts. The AE will sell new season seat accounts through outside sales appointments with businesses, and over the phone sales to local residences. The AE will also sell new group accounts to decision makers within businesses and nonprofit organizations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All requests for medical or religious accommodations to perform the stated job duties will be considered.
Hornets Sports & Entertainment provides valuable benefits and competitive time off policies to help you and your family lead healthy, balanced lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet all sales goals assigned
- Set appointments over the phone with decision-makers, consistently meeting the weekly goals for sales appointments
- Master all sales presentations (taught in sales training) and deliver it in front of company decision-makers, tailoring packages according to each company's needs, and handling objections in an effort to bring in new season seat accounts
- Develop and maintain a database of potential group and season-seat customers
- Contact group leaders through the database and through new leads, particularly after a direct mail piece is released, to bring in new sales
- Prospect for quality leads, particularly through asking for referrals
- Provide customer service to existing accounts by visiting with them during games, as well as provide amenities
- Make phone calls during the season and off-season to ensure personalized, continual contact with ticket holders
- Work with the Box Office to update certain sales reports
- Complete any customer service and operational duties in season as assigned
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned (i.e. contract fulfillment)
Required Skills, Experience and Abilities
To perform the job successfully, you will have or demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Organized and strong time management skills along with customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail and goal oriented
- 2-3 years’ experience in sports team sales, general business sales, or sports management is preferred
- Previous experience in face-to-face and telemarketing sales is ideal
- Must be enthusiastic, creative and able to think both strategically and tactically
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively and ability to multi-task and adapt to sudden changes in market
- Adaptability – adapts to change in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to handle frequent changes
- Dependability – consistently at work on time, follows instructions, responds to manager’s instructions
- Able to multi-task under time constraints, meet deadlines, work within a fast-paced industry/environment and be very detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and analytical and ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office products including word, excel, power point and Microsoft Teams
- Ability to attend all home games
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including holidays, nights, weekends