At Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation we deliver excitement. Our mission is to connect people with sports and entertainment and this is what we are truly passionate about. If you’d like to join a team that’s fast paced, diverse, energized and beyond passionate about delivering extraordinary experiences to our guests, then we’d love to sign you to a player's contract!
This position plays a critical role in delivering an exceptional Fan and Client Experience, and ensures the venues are show-ready for all events internal, and external. The Conversion Team Member performs duties as assigned by the Conversion Lead and Conversion Supervisor. The position ensures that all equipment, maintenance and operational tasks are properly performed to guarantee a successful and safe execution of every event at both the Scotiabank Saddledome and McMahon Stadium. This position is event driven and requires availability for day, afternoon and overnight shifts.
- Contribute to the development of a team-based culture with a focus on Fan Experience, operational efficiencies and a safe work environment;
- Complete assigned tasks while ensuring all arena safety guidelines and procedures are followed and adhered to;
- Set-up and disassembly of seating decks and towers, stage equipment, hockey glass, ice floor covering, dasher boards, meeting rooms, portable chairs and tables, barricade, concourse set-ups, dressing rooms and other event related equipment;
- Install/maintain world-class lacrosse turf;
- Preventative maintenance and repair of facility permanent and telescopic seating;
- Operate light equipment such as forklifts, lift platforms and pallet jacks (as certified);
- Maintenance of equipment and vehicles used in the Field of Play Department;
- Ensure completion in a timely and accurate manner of PM and repair tasks and work orders as generated within our CMMS, including but not limited to: scheduled and summer mechanical maintenance, landscaping, snow removal, deep glass polishing, board and glass adjustments, and customer service concerns both within the field of play and throughout the venue;
- Cleaning and organizing to keep work areas and equipment functional;
- Report irregularities, damage and/or loss of property and safety concerns promptly following reporting procedures;
The ideal candidate will have the following background:
- Operations experience with large scale events in a stadium or similar sized multi-use facility would be an asset;
- Familiar with power and hand tools and various maintenance equipment;
- Effective communicator, both oral and written with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Possess a positive team spirit and professional attitude;
- Works well as a team and can perform self-directed tasks
- Strong attention to detail and a safety focussed mindset;
- Adaptable, with the ability to problem solve and work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Able to perform physical/manual labour for extended periods of time (including lifting up to 50lbs, and repetitive tasks);
- Able to maintain confidentiality, and use discretion and tact;
- Able to follow direction
This position will remain open until suitable candidates are found.