At Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation, we deliver excitement. Our mission is to be the heartbeat of our community by creating connections, building champions, and winning, together. If you’d like to join a team that’s people-first, diverse, innovative, and energized about delivering extraordinary fan experiences to our guests, then we’d love to sign you to a player's contract!
The Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for efficiently and independently administering and processing payable invoices as well as handling vendor and organization accounts payable inquiries in a competent manner. The role is also responsible for working with the other members of the finance team on accounts payable work challenges if and as required. This role will report to the Accounts Payable Supervisor.
- Process high volumes of invoices and expenses in Coupa.
- Ensure all invoices are in compliance with company policies.
- Work closely with business and finance staff to verify coding of invoices or code invoices as required.
- Respond to vendors and employee inquiries, and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Receive, verify and process cheque requisitions.
- Answer vendor and internal emails and phone calls.
- Support the management of all cheque/EFT runs and Quick Pay cheques/wires.
- Review and validate employee expense reports and apply GST/HST as required.
- Prepare vendor cheques for mailing.
- Ensure invoices and expenses are processed for month end deadlines.
- Work with multiple purchasing and payables systems to keep them up to date.
- Answer internal and external questions regarding systems, and filter as appropriate.
- Reconcile vendor statements and participate in the reconciliation of accounts.
- Assist with vendor conversion to EFT and Electronic Billing.
- All other duties and/or projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- High school diploma.
- Post-Secondary education considered an asset.
- 5+ years of Accounts Payable experience.
- Experience working in a high volume environment.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work as a team player as well as independently.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to interact professionally with all levels of the business.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills to attract candor and cooperation.
- Knowledge of Great Plains Dynamics and Coupa is an asset.
The deadline to apply is 5 PM Thursday, February 15th, 2024.