At Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation, we deliver excitement. Our mission is to be the heartbeat of our community by creating connections, building champions, and winning, together. If you’d like to join a team that’s people-first, diverse, innovative, and energized about delivering extraordinary fan experiences to our guests, then we’d love to sign you to a player's contract!
Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation is currently seeking a Conversion Lead, to join our Building Operations team. The Conversion Lead plays a critical role in delivering an exceptional Fan and Client Experience, and ensures the venues are show-ready for all events internal, and external while maintaining open lines of communication with other departments to ensure efficient and cost effective operation.
- Contribute to the development of a team-based culture with a focus on Fan Experience, operational efficiencies and a safe work environment;
- Assist with supervising the work of both in-house and temporary labour staff, ensuring all arena safety guidelines and procedures are followed and adhered to;
- Lead set-up and disassembly of seating decks and towers, stage equipment, hockey glass, ice floor covering, dasher boards, meeting rooms, portable chairs and tables, barricade, concourse set-ups, dressing rooms and other event related equipment;
- Install/maintain world-class lacrosse turf;
- Preventative maintenance and repair of facility permanent and telescopic seating;
- Operate light equipment such as forklifts, lift platforms, pallet jacks and cleaning equipment;
- Maintenance of equipment and vehicles used in the Field of Play Department;
- Perform pre/post event or conversion inspections and checklists;
- Ensure completion in a timely and accurate manner of PM and repair tasks and work orders as generated within our CMMS, including but not limited to: scheduled and summer mechanical maintenance, landscaping, snow removal, deep glass polishing, board and glass adjustments, and customer service concerns both within the field of play and throughout the venue;
- Cleaning and organizing to keep work areas and equipment functional;
- Report irregularities, damage and/or loss of property and safety concerns promptly following reporting procedures;
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to liaison with contractors
The ideal candidate will have the following background:
- Operations experience with large scale events in a stadium or similar sized multi-use facility would be an asset;
- Familiar with power and hand tools and various maintenance equipment;
- Effective communicator, both oral and written with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Possess a positive team spirit and professional attitude;
- Works well as a team and can perform self-directed tasks
- Strong attention to detail and a safety focused mindset;
- Adaptable, with the ability to problem solve and work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Able to perform physical/manual labour for extended periods of time (including lifting up to 50lbs, and repetitive tasks);
- Able to maintain confidentiality, and use discretion and tact;
- Able to follow direction;
- Schedule flexibility to work evening, overnight and weekend shifts
The deadline to apply is 5 PM Thursday, February 15th, 2024.