Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Set Social Strategy and Execute Flawlessly
- Lead and drive social media strategy, programming and execution, including strategy development, brand positioning, program conception and execution, and measurement of social programs
- Oversee the management of Washington National organic media channels, including, but not limited to: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
- Work closely with paid media team to align on broader social strategy and amplify paid performance
- Launch brand presence on emerging social channels and platforms
Develop Breakthrough Content and Build Community
- Working closely with Content and Creative teams, develop breakthrough content to engage our existing audiences and grow social following amongst growth audiences
- Create fan-engagement and influencer marketing initiatives to increase followers and encourage interaction with Nationals’ owned digital assets (nationals.com, social media platforms and mobile), including customized content, video, trivia, polls, contests, sweepstakes and more
- Align content creation across multiple stakeholders: Marketing & Broadcasting, Ticket Sales & Service, Community Relations, Corporate Partnerships, Communications, etc.
- Develop a balanced content mix between planned and real-time content, contingent on goals for overall social strategy
- Lead workflow approval processes to gain alignment on content across key stakeholders
- Proactively Act as key Nationals liaison to Major League Baseball
Drive Excellence through Proactivity and Measurement
- Develop social listening approach to keep pulse on brand sentiment and conversation themes, delivering insights to proactively inform content, tone, and brand strategy
- Establish and maintain budgets for social media initiatives and special events relating to social media engagement
- Monitor effectiveness of all Nationals social media efforts while staying on top of trends and changes in algorithms throughout all channels and platforms.
- Develop measurement framework, KPIs, and a cadence of regular reporting, all aligning to and supporting overall brand and marketing vision and strategy
Lead Effectively and Boldly
- Manage team of Manager, New Media and New Media intern
- Represent social media team in broader integrated marketing and communications team campaigns
- Build a strong culture for the team, and drive individual and team development
- Create and maintain an inclusive and accountable work environment
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree. Concentration in Journalism or Marketing is preferred.
- A minimum of eight years’ experience directly relevant to above tasks and responsibilities with demonstrated record of accomplishment.
- Expertise in sports/entertainment or a related industry, such as an ad agency or PR firm is strongly preferred.
- Have a passion for and deep understanding of the various platforms within social media (first-hand experience a must)
- Experience in cultivating development of a team and managing a team a must
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in the social media and digital communications space
- Possess strong communications skill (written and presentation)
- Consistently demonstrated the ability to build strong, collaborative relationships internally
- Experienced in social media platforms and measuring the success of social programs using listening and analytics tools, preferably with experience in Sprinklr or Emplifi
- Proven success in creating and managing a social media discipline within an agency, business or sports team.
- Proven ability to integrate social media into overall marketing and communications strategies
- Deep knowledge of all aspects of the social space: platforms, vendors, measurement, content creation, etc.
- Proven ability to think creatively within the scope of an existing brand strategy and voice guidelines
- Experienced in building audiences and managing influencer outreach
- Must possess a proven track record of growing, engaging and managing an online audience via various forms of content, fan interactivity and engaging promotions.
- Contribute to developing the talents of team members and direct reports
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require weekend and/or evening work.
- Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.