The intern will need to be available to work in person in Washington, DC from approximately March – October 2024.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and compile daily media clips on weekdays and during weekend homestands.
- Assemble and format coverage recaps for assigned campaigns and full season.
- Help write press materials and create content for various promotional opportunities.
- Research local/national media outlets and resources to build press lists.
- Contact media regarding Nationals events and promotions in order to build the organization’s brand and garner media coverage.
- Draft blog posts for Curly W Live, the official blog of the Nationals.
- Write and update executive bios.
- Maintain calendar of local events, executive speaking opportunities and industry awards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successfully pass a background investigation
- Available for entire term of internship
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Authorized to work in the United States
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Excellent writing skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office; writing samples may be required.
- Familiarity with social media platforms and emerging outlets is preferred.
- Knowledge of baseball is a plus but not a must.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Position will require weekend and occasional evening work.