The Premium Seating Department is dedicated to providing world-class service and delivering unique experiences and benefits to Utah Jazz premium ticket holders. The Premium Experience Intern should expect to assist in furthering the mission of the department and learn aspects of sports and event management, client hospitality, relationship management, and service strategies.
The Premium Seating Intern should expect to work primarily at Zions Bank Basketball Campus during office hours and at Delta Center during Jazz games and events as assigned by the Directors and Account Managers in the department. Specific assignments will be determined by the intern’s direct supervisor at the time of hire. Expected hours will range between 9am-5pm on non-game days and three hours prior to tip-off through the end of the game on game days, totaling 29 hours per week.
The position is expected to begin in September and continue through the full Jazz Basketball season, including post season playoffs games, potentially through the end of June 2024.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be available to work all Utah Jazz Home Games beginning 3 hours prior to tip-off
- Assist ‘Manager on Duty’ with game day activations in a variety of premium spaces and clubs throughout the arena
- Assist ‘Manager on Duty’ with game day duties including club set up, guest credentials, and supporting Premium Host staff
- Assist with the planning and execution of Premium Seating host program and service strategies as needed
- Assist in planning in-arena activations for Jazz games, Delta Center events and other client entertainment gatherings
- Be knowledgeable and familiar with the arena, premium seating locations and your specific assigned area to best assist guests
- Present yourself in a confident and professional manner in both appearance and personality
- Exhibit a positive and happy attitude that is friendly and contagious to those around you
- Assist the Premium Seating team with the planning and execution of premium experience gifting opportunities, communication strategies, and more
- Help with the creation of promotional emails announcing arena and department events and other special premium seating promotions for hospitality suite and club clients
- Play a key role in the disbursement, collection and continual updating of department and client informational documents and spreadsheets
- Assist the Premium Seating team in other areas as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent oral and written communication
- Proficient in the Google Workspace, including Google Doc and Google Sheets
- Strong attention to detail and enthusiastic about working in a sports-related field
- Self-starter who is also comfortable with learning and collaborating in a dynamic team environment
- Primary work location will be the Utah Jazz team offices located at the Zions Bank Basketball Campus and at Delta Center
- Physical requirements of the job may include lifting approximately 30 pounds and standing/walking for long periods of time
- Work schedule will vary and events and home games on evenings, weekends or holidays - must be available to work all home games beginning 3 hours prior to tip off through the end of the game
- This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
- This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
- This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
- This person must be able to lift 20 lbs.
The Utah Jazz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and Utah Jazz reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.