The Utah Jazz are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated intern to assist our Group sales team. This internship program offers the opportunity to gain valuable skills as you work in the unique and exciting environment of the professional sports and entertainment industry. You will learn aspects of sports and event management, client hospitality, ticket sales strategies, service strategies and more. This internship begins in September and ends in April 2024.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Group sales team with the planning and execution of Jazz group events/tickets including fan experiences on game days
- Help with various department sales and service tasks as needed on Utah Jazz game nights
- Assist the Group Sales team in other areas as needed
- Typical shift would range from early afternoon to post game on game nights
- Certain times may require working on non-game nights as needed
- Embrace a culture of inclusion and diversity where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued, and heard
- Enrich lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories
- Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests
- Other duties as assigned
- Communicates effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Interpersonal savvy – Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Action oriented – Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Collaborates – Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail and enthusiastic about working in a sports-related field
- Self-starter who is also comfortable with learning and collaborating in a dynamic team environment
- Primary work locations will be Zions Bank Basketball Campus and at Delta Center
- Work schedule will vary and will include office hours as well as staffing events and home games on evenings, weekends, or holidays
- This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
- This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate, and assess.
- This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
- This person must be able to lift 30 lbs.
The Utah Jazz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and Utah Jazz reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.