We’re looking for a Director of Risk Management and Training to organize, manage, and implement a comprehensive, thoughtful, and progressive risk management program, including workers compensation. This position assesses potential risk and developmental needs to drive safety and risk initiatives. This individual will also design and implement the full lifecycle of training and development programs from needs assessment through delivery and evaluation. We are seeking a dynamic individual that brings collaboration and organization to our team, thinking about the best ways to partner with the business stakeholders to move initiatives forward.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee risk management function for the Delta Center and Zions Bank Basketball Campus.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures regarding risk management.
- Perform research in the area of risk management and analyze data concerning experience in workers compensation and liability, for the purpose of developing and implementing plans and programs for the reduction of loss.
- Serve as the safety lead, leading the Safety Committee, and participate in any programs related to safety and risk management.
- Management of all workers compensation claims.
- Chair SEG Risk Committee.
- Partner with departments to identify and assess training and development needs; based on those needs, develop, coordinate, and implement training programs for the organization.
- Continually monitor the effectiveness of training programs and recommend new approaches to improve, update and/or enhance offered training programs.
- Conduct follow-up studies of all completed training programs to evaluate and measure results.
- Embrace a culture of inclusion and diversity where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued, and heard.
- Enrich lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories.
- Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests.
- Protect the reputation of the company.
- Exemplify the Utah Jazz mission and values: transparency, all in, community obsessed, one team, and scrappy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Relationship building - Strong relationship-building skills with the ability to influence and communicate effectively across all levels of an organization.
- Communicates effectively - Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Self-Starter – Takes initiative, drives action and prioritizes.
- Customer focus - Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Decision quality - Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Manages complexity - Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Directs work - Provides direction, delegates, and removes obstacles to get work done.
- Instills trust - Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
At least five years of experience in the administration of a risk management program.
- At least five years of experience creating, managing, and delivering organizational training programs.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and workers compensation regulations and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of training and adult learning techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the team and organization.
- This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
- This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
- This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
- This person must be able to lift 20 lbs.
The Utah Jazz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and the Utah Jazz reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.