Job Title: Minor League Assistant Pitching Coordinator
Department: Baseball Operations/Player Development
Reports to: Director, Player Development
Directly Supervises: Affiliate Pitching Coaches
Primary Objective: Responsible for supporting the Director, Player Development (PD) in all facets of staff communication, education, preparation and strategic planning. Consistently communicate and foster a positive “team first” environment and culture.
- Consistently communicate with all Affiliate Pitching Coaches, Development & Technologies personnel, Rehab Coordinators and HP Staff in regard to the health status, progress and overall development of all Pitchers in the Mariners PD system.
- Assist in creating detailed Player Plans for all Pitchers in the Mariners Player Development (PD) system. Ensure the maintenance and execution of minor league Player Plans for all Pitchers.
- Ensure the function, application and implementation of all pitching related technological and teaching tools in the PD domain. Maintain an intellectual curiosity in researching new technologies and coaching tools.
- Collaborate with the Director, PD and other members of BB Ops regarding the planning of the annual PD curriculum, associated literature and High Performance camps.
- Assist with the vetting, hiring, onboarding and professional growth plans for all Mariners minor league Pitching Coaches.
- Prepare and file expenses in a timely, accurate and fiscally responsible manner.
- Conduct bi-annual reviews for all direct reports.
- Provide written year end reviews for all direct reports.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Prior playing or coaching experience.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Must be a committed professional, with strong analytic focus.
- Shall demonstrate the ability to be innovative and proactive in promoting new ideas and concepts.
- Shall incorporate strategic thinking; formulating objectives and priorities, and implementing plans consistent with short and long term interests. Capitalizing on opportunities and managing risks.
- Must possess computer proficiency with MS Word, Excel, in addition to budgetary software programs.
- Possesses relative knowledge and experience in baseball operations.
- Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Completes work assignments thoroughly and completely in an accurate, and prompt. Identifies and corrects errors. Is careful, alert and accurate, paying attention to details of the job.
- Demonstrates through their actions and interactions with others a commitment to Mariner Purpose, Mission and Values.
- Makes decisions and takes actions that contribute to exceptional experiences for guests
- Shares and expresses thoughts in a clear and effective manner through verbal and written communication skills. Exhibits effective listening skills and builds positive relationships with all team members, vendors, and guests. Is diplomatic, tactful and professional in all forms of communication.
- Takes personal responsibility for getting things done in a way that positively and professionally represents the organization.
- Understands and supports the team and is quick to volunteer to assist others. Others view most interactions as being positive with a willingness to achieve common goals. Effective in working with others to cooperatively solve problems. Workplace behavior is consistently respectful of others.
Physical Activities and Working Conditions:
- Manage the daily activities, related drills and scheduled work sessions for all Pitchers and Pitching Coaches during minor league spring training and other Player Development camps/events.
- Maintain a steady and rhythmic schedule of visits to each affiliate throughout the season.
- Serve as a working coach during the early days of ML Spring Training Camp.
- This position will be based in Peoria, AZ