We are looking for Purchasing and Logistics Representative to join our team!
Under the general direction of the Purchasing and Logistics Manager, the Purchasing and Logistics Representative is responsible for assisting with physical and clerical work involving the expediting and tracking of all newly purchased materials and services. The qualified candidate must be able to work select events to support department responsibilities and exhibit excellent customer service for external and internal organizational partners. This position requires attention to detail and the ability to balance multiple situations at one time.
Does this sound like a fit for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate Alignment with SS&E’s Core Values and Mission, Collaborate with Internal/External Family Members and Demonstrate Ongoing Development.
- Assist the Senior Purchasing/Logistics Coordinator with daily shipping/receiving duties.
- Responsible for expediting all open Procurement activities.
- Assist the Senior Purchasing/Logistics Coordinator with maintaining the dock area.
- Assist with the maintenance of all staff break rooms.
- Assist vendors/suppliers with points of contact and general information.
- Assist internal and external customers as required.
- Maintain all purchasing files in a central location.
- Assist the Senior Purchasing/Logistics Coordinator in inventory control and quality assurance.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a customer service role
- Previous procurement/logistics experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint)
- Have excellent written, verbal, and computer skills.
- Be dependable and detailed-oriented
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task.
- Stand/Sit/Walk for long periods.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.