We are seeking a dynamic and highly organized individual to take on the role of Executive Assistant for our esteemed women's professional soccer team. As the Executive Assistant, you will be responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support to the General Manager/President and ensuring smooth day-to-day operations of the soccer club and a first-class experience for all who interact with the club. Additionally, you will foster an efficient and productive environment for the players, coaches, and front office staff, creating a positive environment by anticipating club needs and increasing productivity.
- Manage the General Manager's calendar, appointments, and scheduling, ensuring efficient time management and prioritization of tasks. Assist Coaches and other front office staff with scheduling as needed.
- Anticipate and facilitate the needs of the Soccer Ops staff often on behalf of the GM or in conjunction with the GM.
- Prepare and organize meetings, including agenda creation, meeting minutes, and follow-up action items and occasionally room set up and catering.
- Exhibit innovation through special projects that further develop club initiatives.
- Collaborate on player, staff, and team appearances that best promote Thorns brand within the community, including providing on-site availability for community events that feature Thorns players or staff.
- Handle email communication on behalf of the General Manager, responding to inquiries, forwarding relevant information, and filtering messages.
- Draft, proofread, and sometimes prepare official club documents, reports, and presentations, maintaining accuracy and confidentiality. This may include team handbooks, agreements, and other contracts in conjunction with the legal department.
- Assist with travel arrangements, accommodations, and logistics for the General Manager and other club executives and VIP guests as required.
- Manage player and staff onboarding checklist, building welcome packets for prospective acquisitions.
- Assist with player and staff logistics, including housing arrangements, transportation, and any special requirements during travels and tournaments.
- Organize team-building activities, events, and workshops to strengthen team dynamics and unity.
- Assist with processing expenses, paying invoices, and credit card reconciliation.
- Coordinate all logistics for VIPs on game days (including but not limited to: parking, tickets, credentials, dinner reservations/catering, etc.)
- Collaborate with different departments to ensure effective communication and smooth functioning of club operations.
- Perform a range of administrative tasks and work collaboratively with other administrative departments within the organization such as Finance, HR, Sr. Leadership, etc.
- Proven experience as an Executive Assistant or similar administrative role, preferably in the sports industry.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to elevate the experience of all stakeholders who interact with the club/business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- A combination of educational and professional experience in the 3-5 year range (depending on the type of experience and levels of responsibility).
- Passion for soccer and an understanding of the women's professional soccer landscape.
- Empathetic and approachable personality, with the ability to build positive relationships with players and staff.
- Exhibits professionalism and discretion in handling sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality.
- Proficiency in using office productivity software and scheduling tools.
- Experience managing the logistics of travel for executives and for employees relocating to a new city.
- Available at home matches to assist with duties in-person.
This role offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the success of a prominent women's professional soccer team by supporting the General Manager and fostering a positive team environment for the players, coaches, and front office staff. If you are an enthusiastic and driven individual with a passion for soccer and exceptional organizational skills, we encourage you to apply for this exciting position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.