The Groundskeeper is responsible for supporting and assisting with various functions of the grounds department playing field operations, and executing daily field maintenance operations at BayCare Ballpark and/or Carpenter Complex for all programming including but not limited to Spring Training, Minor League, Florida State League season, winter baseball activities/mini camps, special events, etc.
Candidates must be willing to work event-based hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as the ballpark’s schedule requires.
This position will be on-site at the BayCare Ballpark in Clearwater, FL.
- Assist in the general maintenance of all playing surfaces to Major League standards, including all side bullpens, mounds, Indoor Training Facility turf/clay, and surrounding common areas.
- General duties include but are not limited to mowing, turf repair, trimming, edging, mound repair, field preparation/lining, and general maintenance of all clay areas.
- Assist in the timing and set-up of all baseball activity as directed by The Phillies on-field personnel.
- Assist with chemical treatment to all fields.
- Assist with tarp pulls.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Turf management, landscaping, or related field experience is preferred but not required.
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and strong work ethic.
- Must have working knowledge and experience with irrigation systems maintenance and repair.
- Must have the ability to operate and/or lift heavy machinery and field equipment.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs of weight frequently throughout the assigned workday.
- Ability to work in various positions, including but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, and squatting for extended periods.
- Ability to adapt to and work in various adverse weather conditions.
- Must be able to interact professionally with various team personnel, visiting MLB affiliates, and local municipalities.
- Previous baseball field maintenance is preferred but not required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.