We are looking for Runners who will join us for Spring Training and continue into the Thresher's season. The Runner is responsible for assisting multiple positions to ensure guests are served items ordered in a timely fashion. The position will help prepare the stand for opening, count inventory, assist with the preparation of food, and help close the stand after the game. Clean and organize the stands. Perform duties to assist all team members in the stand and follow management guidelines. Runners will follow all State and Local food handling, alcohol, and safety guidelines. Candidates must be willing to work event-based hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as the ballpark’s schedule requires.
This position will be located on-site at the BayCare Ballpark in Clearwater, FL.
- Assist cashiers with retrieving items ordered by customers.
- Restocking all items that may run low such as cups, lids, straws, condiments, napkins, chips, peanuts, and drinks.
- Assist in making popcorn.
- Communicate with kitchen staff when items are running low.
- Responsible for keeping the work area and surroundings clean using sanitation standards.
- Cleaning the front and outside of the stand is free from debris and trash (pick up trash, sweep entrance).
- Be able to fill in another position when needed.
- Other duties as directed by management.
- All employees will follow all State and Local food handling, alcohol, and safety guidelines as well as the Ballpark Food & Beverage department policies.
- Must be able to obtain the Safe Staff certificate on-site by management.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to follow reach, lift, stoop, bend, and perform extensive standing and walking (including stairs) throughout shift.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously for multiple parties.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong customer service and communication skills are necessary.
- Ability and willingness to work non-standard hours.
- Ability to lift packages/boxes weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must show demonstrated ability to meet the company standard for attendance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.