The primary role of this position is to manage all aspects of ballpark operations at BayCare Ballpark, Spring Training home of the Philadelphia Phillies and Low A Clearwater Threshers. The Manager, Ballpark Operations reports directly to the General Manager, BayCare Ballpark and assists in the management of facility operations, event operations and Ballpark operations. A qualified candidate will have the keen ability to provide excellent leadership, prioritize and execute tasks involved in the job description and exercise problem-solving aptitude in a dynamic environment.
This position is located in Clearwater, Florida.
This information is intended to describe the position's key responsibilities. The following functions do not identify all duties performed by the incumbent. Other duties and responsibilities will be performed as assigned.
In Season Responsibilities -
Off Season Responsibilities -
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Management, Facility Management or related field preferred; Relevant experience instead of degree will be considered.
• At least two years of prior management and leadership experience preferred
• Experience negotiating contracts preferred
• Experience in managing budgets preferred
• Knowledge of ballpark operations preferred
• Ability to lead and collaborate in a team environment
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to solve problems quickly
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
• Valid driver’s license and ability to drive for organizational business
• Must be proficient in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both internally and externally
• High level of organization and attention to detail
• Must be able to work flexible hours to include holidays, weekends, and evenings as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.