To be considered for this role, please apply using the following link -
Team Operation - Academy High Performance Manager - Career Portal (dayforcehcm.com)
Title: High-Performance Manager, Academy
Department: Team Operations
Reports to: Senior Director Sports Medicine & High Performance
FLSA: Full-Time, Exempt
WHAT SETS YOU APART
This role offers an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced S&C coach to take a lead role in the development and delivery of performance services for our Development Academy. The role will work alongside the SDSPMHP, Head ATC and Academy Director to lead collaboratively and design and deliver a new strategic direction for performance services across all junior age groups.
The position will deliver an ambitious vision to provide specialist input on the physical identity of future homegrown players that have a proven pathway to the 1st team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Work collaboratively with the SDSPMHP, Head ATC, and Academy Director to design and deliver a new strategic direction for performance services at the Development Academy.
· Formal communication with coaching, medical, and academy staff.
· Accountable for driving impactful service delivery through strategically leading, implementing, and delivering best in class processes and service.
· Work closely and collaboratively with Coaching, Sports Performance, and Team Operations staff to develop an integrated performance service that meets the unique needs of the players and teams.
· Design, deliver, and delegate specialist strength and conditioning services to optimize the physical preparation of all junior athletes.
· Track performance outcomes to accumulate system learning aligned to the injury burden and utilize this insight to optimize physical performance and player development.
· Delivery of strength and power training, speed, agility and movement sessions, and pre-generation/regeneration in one-to-one, small group and large group sessions.
· Evaluate a diverse range of data and intelligence to prioritize, direct, and manage systems, projects, and research to accelerate approaches to physical performance in junior athletes.
· Ability to work within an Athlete Development Model to understand the developmental progressions of which training should be appropriate for the safety and development of younger athletes.
· Support team events, including but not limited to training sessions, matchdays, stadium visits, tournaments and other events as needed.
· Assist colleagues with coverage as needed.
· Other duties as assigned or required.
It’s never just a job at Orlando City SC. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe soccer. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To join our team, you will also possess these qualifications:
- CSCS (NSCA) or PES (NASM)
- CPR certified.
- Bachelor's Degree in S&C, Sports Science or Applied Kinesiology.
- Master's Degree in a related field.
- Bilingual (English, Spanish, Portuguese), preferred but not required.
- Effective academic and applied knowledge of contemporary practice in performance training/strength/rehabilitation /psychology.
- Experience working with junior athletes.
- Experience in speed and movement training.
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends.
- Expert in Polar, Stat sports, and VALD technology
INTEGRATE SPORTS SCIENCE
· VALD Testing.
· Hydration and sweat analysis.
· Anthropometric assessments including multi method body fat measurements.
· Physical screening of new players in pre/post signing medical.
· Physiological and fitness assessments in gym, grass and externally.
· Biomechanical assessments.
· Biomarker and sleep analysis.
· Retrospective analysis of historical GPS data to create phase reviews.
· A minimum of three (3) years of full-time experience at the professional level OR five (5) years of full-time experience at the MLSNEXT or Elite Academy, NCAA or U SPORTS level as a strength and conditioning specialist
· Proven ability in the following areas: strength training, Olympic lifting, plyometrics, SAQ (speed/agility/quickness) development, specific and non-specific energy system development, flexibility, recovery, injury prevention, nutrition, sports science, and analytics.
· Extensive knowledge and experience in the implementation of strength and conditioning programming for athletes
· Preferred experience with analyzing data pertaining to player health and performance, conducting performance testing, manage performance, safely and effectively present pertinent data to appropriate stakeholders in the Club.
About Orlando City & Orlando Pride:
With two major professional teams, Orlando City and Orlando Pride, the Orlando City Soccer Club (OCSC) has established itself as one of the preeminent Clubs in professional soccer. Orlando City joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015. In 2019, Orlando City re-launched Orlando City B (OCB) to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
The Orlando Pride, OCSC’s National Women’s Soccer League franchise, began play in 2016 – bringing professional women’s soccer to Orlando for the first time. Orlando City and Orlando Pride play at Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium built in 2017 and located in the heart of Downtown Orlando. With a footprint across the central Florida region and a roster comprised of international and home-grown talent, Orlando City and Orlando Pride boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes.
For more information, visit orlandocitysc.com or orlando-pride.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.