TITLE: Orlando City Youth Soccer Network Coach
DEPARTMENT: Youth Soccer Development
REPORTS TO: Director Youth Soccer Development
WHAT SETS YOU APART
Are you someone who is energetic, punctual, and enthusiastic about sports and working with kids? Are you passionate and dedicated to youth development? At the same time, can you provide a foundation for integrity, pride in accomplishment, sportsmanship, self-discipline, goal setting, teamwork, and self-confidence? If so, then look at our Youth Soccer Coach position! Orlando City is searching for an enthusiastic, reliable, and flexible youth soccer coach for Orlando City Youth Soccer Network (OCYSN). This includes but is not limited to after-school programs, camps, and clinics. Coaches must have passion for the game and the ability to channel it in a positive manner for teaching youth. Ideally, candidates will be looking to grow their coaching careers
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Ensure safety and well-being of youth athletes
● Create an inclusive atmosphere for all athletes to feel welcome
● Set up and take down OCYSN branding and equipment
● Implement OCYSN coaching philosophy
● Effectively perform and communicate basic soccer drills and games
● Evaluate players using OCYSN player evaluation rubric
● Breakdown and teach the fundamental skills for players at all levels
● Properly report incidents to a supervisor in a timely manner.
● Other duties as assigned.
It’s never just a job at Orlando City SC. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe soccer and entertainment. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To join our team, you will also possess these qualifications:
● High School Diploma or equivalent
● At least 1 year of coaching is recommended, but sufficient soccer experience would be necessary to supplement lack of coaching experience
● Experience playing soccer (preferred)
● Experience working with youth (preferred)
● Flexible schedule (weather changes, availability on weekends/weekdays)
● Car for transportation to and from locations (must be able to transport equipment)
● CPR Training (preferred)
● Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
● Bilingual in English and Spanish/Portuguese a plus.
● Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and have a strong sense of accountability.
● Possess a positive, outgoing, engaging and professional personality.
● Strong understanding and passion for the sport of soccer are preferred.
●Experience working with youth in a structured environment, preferably in youth sports and/or summer camp environment
● Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work effectively.
● Occasional bending, lifting, and carrying of objects up to 50 pounds.
● Ability to walk and stand for short periods of time.
● Successful completion of Club pre-employment screening process including social media and background screening.
● Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
● Access to Orlando City Academy, OCB, and First Team Coaches
●Enrollment in monthly in-house coaching education
●Assistance in receiving US Soccer Coaching Licenses
●Pathway to full-time coaching position within OCYSN
Compensation: This is a contracted role. The scope of work and pay will be determined by an executed contract.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.