About Orlando Pride:
With two major professional teams, Orlando City and Orlando Pride, the Orlando City Soccer Club (OCSC) has established itself as one of the preeminent Clubs in professional soccer.
Orlando City joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015. In 2019, Orlando City re-launched Orlando City B (OCB) to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
The Orlando Pride, OCSC’s National Women’s Soccer League franchise, began play in 2016 – bringing professional women’s soccer to Orlando for the first time.
Orlando City and Orlando Pride play at Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium built in 2017 and located in the heart of Downtown Orlando.
With a footprint across the central Florida region and a roster comprised of international and home-grown talent, Orlando City and Orlando Pride boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes.
Title: Orlando Pride Team, Operations Associate - 2024 Season
Department: Team Operations
Reports to: Sr. Player Care & Admin Specialist / Asst. Equipment Manager
FLSA: Part Time, Hourly, Nonexempt
Term: Full 2024 Season
Associate Program Summary: Orlando Pride Associates will have the opportunity to learn about the history, culture, and vision of Orlando Pride,
understanding the importance of how a professional sports organization works (which could include public relations, gameday operations, business, or the internal working of
the Club), to further supplement academic knowledge with practical experience.
Position Summary: Orlando Pride seeks a highly motivated individual capable of assisting in the operation of the Club’s overall team administration, equipment, and operations. The selected intern will work under the close supervision of the Sr Player Care & Admin Specialist and Asst. Equipment Manager, assisting on a variety of critical activities in support of Orlando Pride. Team Operations Interns will have the opportunity to supplement classroom instruction and gain practical and valuable learning experiences in a variety of roles, broadening their knowledge of all the facets of team operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
● Prep for training on a daily basis by distributing training gear into lockers, laundering training gear, and checking ball pressure
● Learn how to work with coaching staff to set up and take down drills during training, including assisting with setting up tables, tents, benches, field layouts, poles, and mannequins
● Maintain an organized and clean boot room by spraying with odor eliminating products, wiping down boots, and sweeping
● Assist in receiving shipments, inventory, and organization
● Gain experience in prepping for home and away matches, including packing and unpacking and locker room set up/break-down
● Learn how to heat press and help equipment managers press team gear
● Assist with building goals, shelving units, and replacing nets, as needed
● Gain an understanding of team administrative and operational tasks including team travel, team logistics, and player support.
● Acquire skills in special assignments such as accounting, scheduling, data collection and entry, printing, or shipping
● Assist with financial tracking and reconciliation
● Assist staff in other departments with various administrative and operational tasks as needed
● Other duties and projects as assigned
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.