Location – Hybrid/St James Park
Closing Date 07/02/2024
We are the heartbeat of the city. Come and be a part of a long and proud history where we strive to be the best in everything we do, on and off the pitch. Bringing the people and communities together, join the Newcastle United family, as we embark on the next steps of our exciting journey.
About the role
We’re looking for an England and Wales qualified solicitor, with approximately 2-4 years’ post qualification experience (though we would welcome applications from applicants outside of this range who can demonstrate relevant skills and/or experience), to join our legal team. You will provide legal advice to the club’s commercial business areas, supporting on a broad range of commercial transactions, from supplier management to the exploitation of the club’s brand. You will lead on the drafting, reviewing, and negotiating of complex, high value contracts. In addition, you will assist and provide advice with regulatory matters and contractual contentious matters.
* You will have a high-quality academic background and robust legal training from a reputable law firm or in-house legal department.
* Leading on the drafting, reviewing and negotiating of a wide range of complex, high value contracts of strategic importance to the business.
* Advising on protection of intellectual property rights
* Assisting with the club’s data and UK GDPR compliance work across all departments.
* Assisting with company law matters, including but not limited to the club’s corporate governance.
* A strong interest in the commercial business of professional sport, particularly football would be desirable.
* Proficiency in a second foreign language is highly desirable although not essential.
* You will be a strong team player who is highly organised, and solution oriented to work alongside this fantastic and growing Legal team.
Why choose us
We’ve got a range of great benefits and rewards, from flexible ways of working, participation in our non-contractual employee bonus scheme, NUFC life assurance, free parking, access to match and other event tickets, discount at Shearers Bar and the Club Shop, Helping Hand – where you can access free GP appointments, Wellbeing Resources, Legal and Financial Support, pension contribution and free staff lunch. In additional we run a salary sacrifice scheme which includes, tech, car, cycle to work and many more.
To access the job description for this role please click here. For further information about the Club and our values please visit our website.
Please note- Only applications that have come via the website will be considered.
Recruitment Agencies – please note that we do not accept unsolicited / speculative candidate details or applications. Any candidates supplied, unless formally requested, will be taken as a direct / free candidate.