Status: On-site, FT, Exempt
Antioch's Ford Ice Center is searching for a Business Operations Manager to serve as one of the core members of the Ford Ice Center team.
- Manage front of house (“FOH”) part time staff.
- Work in conjunction with finance as well as with the Amateur Hockey Director and Director of
Scott Hamilton Skating Academy to maintain participant payments, contractor expenses/payments, etc.
- Be the primary contact for office equipment (copy machines, internet/phone issues, FOH
Computers, walkie talkies), including maintenance and ordering products as needed.
- Work with FIC HR Director to hire, train and schedule all FOH staff
- Work with Food and Beverage to create and maintain standard operating
procedures for Food Service and manage food cost
- Cross-functional involvement in the operation of all departments/activities at FIC in order to
achieve optimal operating performance and budgeted bottom line results.
- Work closely with Amateur Hockey Director to oversee all aspects of facility scheduling, including hockey programs, figure skating programs, 3rd party events, private off-ice functions, etc.
- Develop an understanding of all facets of FIC’s business and become proficient at providing input
and advising on all business and facility operational matters.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with colleagues in all departments throughout the
organization in order to effectively identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Oversee daily FOH and concessions cash handling procedures.
- Assist Human Resources with employee relations issues for part-time employees.
- Work closely with Human Resources to coordinate employee training and other
- Provide support to Human Resources and FIC management to ensure organizational policies are
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Degree in business or related field.
- A minimum of 3+ years relevant experience
- Proficient in all Microsoft programs (Excel, Word and Access)
- Strong organizational and time management skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask successfully and to prioritize projects in order to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Rink Management experience preferred.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, possess a suitable driving history and be insurable by FIC’s
- As a condition of employment, qualified applicant will be subject to a background check,
including a criminal history check, driving history and character references.
Essential Physical Functions:
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
- Must have high finger dexterity.
- Working under extreme deadlines under pressure.
- High finger dexterity.
- Excellent speaking and listening skills, requiring the perception of speech.
- General Office Equipment (i.e. PC, copier, facsimile machine, etc…)
- POS System
- Daysmart Rink Management software.
Preds Perks: | In addition to medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, all full-time employees of the Nashville Predators and entities are eligible for Preds Perks. These currently include the following: Competitive pay, referral bonuses, 401K eligibility, priority access to event presales, tickets to events (when available), Nashville Locker Room (pro shop) discount, premium pay for overnight shifts, 19+ days of paid time off each year, Ford Ice Center programming discount, on demand pay, and bonus potential
Equal Opportunity Employer: Nashville Predators is an equal opportunity employer. The organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability status, genetic information, or any other applicable federal or state protected classification. The organization celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact Margie Horwitz at [email protected] to request an accommodation.