This race track located in Sebring, Florida, is America’s oldest road racing track, with over six decades of storied history. It hosts the historic Twelve Hours of Sebring each year on the third Saturday of March on the 3.74-mile road course. The Twelve Hours of Sebring is one of the four endurance races on the IMSA schedule.
A Marketing & Hospitality Representative is a crucial part of the at-track activation process. This part-time team member works with the Sebring marketing and hospitality staff to ensure that sponsor activation is carried out in a satisfactory manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Working with the Sebring Manager of Marketing as well as other members of the marketing & hospitality management team, to improve fan and sponsor experience during the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring.
- Greeting and/or engaging with hospitality guests to answer questions they may have about the event in order to optimize the fan and hospitality experience.
- Aiding in the setup, cleaning, and breakdown of sponsor hospitality areas, hosting up to 300 or more guests.
- Signing in hospitality guests by referencing the master guest list and properly credentialing guests so that they may access the hospitality areas.
- Facilitating and assisting with hospitality events in a number of ways, including but not limited to:
-Delivery of beverage re-orders to suites and hospitality locations
-Stocking of bar items, refrigerators, cups, napkins, etc.
-Distributing materials to suites and hospitality locations as necessary
-Ensuring work area is kept neat and tidy at all times
- Aiding the food service/catering teams, if necessary, with the setup of food service stations at hospitality areas.
- Assisting the Manager of Marketing during pre- and post-race ceremonies to ensure that the schedule of events will flow smoothly and in a timely matter.
Preferred skills/experience for an Marketing & Hospitality Representative would include:
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role
- Strong interpersonal skills for interactions with hospitality guests
- Ability to effectively work as part of a team
- Ability to quickly come up with creative solutions for unexpected problems
- Ability to adapt to unique work environments at each different facility
- Some physical labor required during hospitality setup and breakdown
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time
- Operation of company vehicles such as a truck and or golf cart may be required to transport hospitality materials, guests, and/or drivers around the facility
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must be able to read a tape measure.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Customer service, people skills, represent Company. Use of computer is helpful.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.