The Payroll Manager is part of the Finance Department for Minnesota United FC (MNUFC), a sports business located in the Twins Cities area of Minnesota and a member of Major League Soccer (MLS), the top tier soccer league in North America.
We are seeking an experienced individual that has a strong attention to detail, a great understanding of the concept of confidentiality and enjoys working with other individuals. This role is responsible for all thing’s payroll; including but not limited to, entering payroll information, processing payroll, supporting 401K administration and facilitating annual audits.
The Payroll Manager is a full-time position and will report directly to the Senior Director, Finance. This role is based in Golden Valley, MN with the option to work remote Mondays and Fridays.
- Administer the accurate and timely payroll processing; that includes but is not limited to biweekly payroll and transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, new hires, terminations, contracts and wage changes
- Manage and administer retirement program including employee engagement, plan administration, recordkeeping, compliance and annual audit
- Administer workers compensation payments, recordkeeping and annual audit
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, regulations and hour laws; acting as the subject matter expert on payroll compliance for the Finance and Human Resources teams
- Provide research, analysis and recommendations that lead to effective payroll strategies; recommending changes in structure, policies, procedures, and methods related to payroll
- Serve as a key leader in advising and coaching employees on payroll policies and processes
- Support Human Resources with onboarding and offboarding of employees
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting including annual W-2s, 1099, PTO and ACA
- Maintains accurate records including payroll registers, all compensation forms, contracts and other documents as required
- Performs monthly entries and reconciliations of all general ledger payroll accounts
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 4-6 years of experience in Payroll Processing and management
- ADP Workforce Now experience required, HRIS experience a plus
- Knowledge of federal and state tax regulations along with wage and hour laws and regulations
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, confidentiality and experience exercising professional discretion and maintaining confidentiality regarding all human resources related matters
- Experience with accounting software
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Available to work flexible hours, including but not limited to evenings, weekends, and holidays
MNUFC is a professional soccer club playing in Major League Soccer (MLS), the top tier of soccer in North America, and which operates under the oversight of the U.S. Soccer Federation, a member of FIFA. The Club is headquartered in Golden Valley, MN. Soccer operations are located at the MNUFC Training Center in Blaine, MN, and the team plays its home matches at Allianz Field in St. Paul, MN.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.