Major League Soccer is seeking an entrepreneurial Digital Product Director to drive Fan growth through prospect nurturing, acquisition and retention experiences. This person will collaborate with leadership and the cross functional team to develop vision, short and long-term growth strategies, manage roadmaps and implement best in class processes to deliver impactful web solutions.
The Director will identify growth opportunities and create measurable value for our Fans and our League through three core areas: a) Fan data acquisition, b) product innovation, and c) personalization.
The Director will work closely with the VP and leadership team to promote a culture anchored in data, consumer insights, experimentation and validation. The person in this role will mentor and coach junior product managers in product craft, and position the team to innovate and build inspirational experiences for our Fans.
The candidate will operate in a high-growth space with a fast-changing landscape that will require flexibility and continual adaptation. The Director will continuously evolve digital product strategy accounting for industry trends, emerging solutions, new insights, and changing Fan and League needs.
- Develop and champion digital product growth strategies including discovery, planning, prioritization, requirements, experimentation, and driving execution to achieve critical growth metrics and optimize our end-to-end Fan experience.
- Partner with Leadership, Marketing, Content & Digital teams to define roadmaps and deliver industry-leading digital Fan products.
- Identify, socialize, and deliver new innovative opportunities to bring personalization and our content to life across digital Fan experiences to drive Fan growth.
- Collaborate with cross functional team in ongoing Product Discovery efforts including consumer research, quantitative analysis, ideation and testing to realize opportunities and validate solutions.
- Develop roadmaps, prioritize backlogs, and create product documentation in alignment with marketing, content and digital partners.
- In partnership with cross craft partners, implement and manage efficient execution processes.
- Define key performance metrics, build measures and tracking to ensure value is collected from all use cases being developed and deployed.
- Partner with our Analytics team to design and develop appropriate mechanisms for tracking and performance management (e.g., dashboards, reports).
- Leverage data-driven decisions and experimentation approaches (e.g., A/B testing, hold outs, control groups) to build learning agendas, analyze results, and integrate findings into the organization for on-going planning and OKR pivoting.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key technology vendors, including commercial partners and sponsors, using those relationships to innovate on emerging capabilities and features that can drive Fan engagement.
- Help build, coach and manage junior product managers to develop and grow our product expertise and inspire outcomes for our Fans
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years of experience in digital product management
- 2+ years leadership experience
- Preferably with experience in a fast-moving B2C company with 1M+ users.
- Experience with personalization and recommendation systems, and modern ML/AI approaches
- Strong analytical skills with ability to synthesize insights into opportunities
- Proven background in developing a deep understanding of consumers’ (Fans) needs and translating them into an outcome driven roadmap of features and functionality.
- Strong design sensibility with expertise in shipping seamless, delightful and targeted user journey driven experiences.
- High-level of commitment to a quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity and compliance
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, team environment
- A team player with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated decision making and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in Google Analytics, BI tools, Customer Research methodologies, MS Suite
- Sports fan, knowledge of the sport of soccer
- Ability to travel and to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
Starting Base Salary: $150,000 – $200,000. MLS/SUM base salaries are contingent upon several factors including individual qualifications, market financials, and operational business needs.
We are committed to providing a Total Rewards package that attracts, supports, engages, and retains talent through the following:
- Benefits – comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, as well as a suite of programs to promote well-being including a $500 Wellness Reimbursement. A generous PTO offering, and hybrid Office/Remote Work Schedule are also offered to promote Work-Life balance.
- Career & Professional Development – on the job training, feedback, and on-going educational opportunities to continue your personal and professional development.
- Employee Engagement – office perks, discounts and employee events that go “beyond the traditional paycheck” to make you feel a part of our team and inspire you to elevate the Game!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to providing equal opportunity and reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities. MLS/SUM complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding disability discrimination and accommodation.