Nothing is more powerful and gratifying than being a part of something bigger than yourself. Bring your dedicated purpose and undeniable passion to the Indianapolis Colts: we are on a journey to build the best organization in football. People are our greatest assets and we’re looking for our next MVP.
The Indianapolis Colts are seeking a full-time Football Development Intern to help us run our Football Development operations during peak times: May 2024 through end of the football season. You will be integrally contributing as a Colts team member and we will offer you real hands-on work experience and developmental learning opportunities.
The Indianapolis Colts Football Development Intern will assist the Senior Manager of Football Development in planning and execution of Colts Football Development programs and initiatives. This position aims to support and grow current and new Football Development programming and support the department’s efforts in improving and driving participation to the sport of youth and high school football (flag and tackle) throughout Indiana.
The Football Development Intern’s responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Work with the Football Development Coordinator to schedule, plan and execute the Colts Big Blue Football Camp, Friday Night Football Tour, Play 60 Zone, etc.
- Assist with the execution of all Football Development events including Colts Sunday Night 7-on-7,Colts Skills Camp, 11-ON, Colts Youth & High School Football Grants program, HS Girls Flag Football programming, etc.
- Assist with the growth of high school and middle school flag football programming and events
- Assist in planning and execution of all Training Camp events
- Assist the Football Development and Community Impact department in various game day responsibilities including Play 60 Zone, high school football recognition and Play Football Month activities.
- Assist in planning and execution of all Football Development social media marketing through collaboration with the Community Impact Team.
- Manage and conduct inventory of all Football Development storage areas
- Assist with day-to-day communication including Colts.com requests, e-mail, phone calls, mail and special requests
- Update and track media coverage for Football Development programs
- Write and submit updates and content for the Football Development section of Colts.com website, gameday Scout program, etc.
- Work with other internal departments on various special projects throughout the season including, but not limited to, Community Impact programming, Training Camp, Colts In Motion, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a graduation date by May 2024
- Legally authorized to work full-time in the United States for the duration of the internship
- Live within driving distance of the greater Indianapolis area for the duration of the internship
- Detail-oriented and organized; flexible with the ability to multi-task
- Highly motivated and passionate about working in sports
- General social media and digital marketing skills
- Excellent communicator with strong customer service and computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and move objects up to 40 pounds
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to drive a company vehicle
- Available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
Responsibilities and qualifications may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.