Vice President, Analytics & Digital Innovation
The Indianapolis Colts are seeking a highly motivated individual with a strong knowledge of advanced analytics to fill a full-time Data Scientist position within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for analyzing and interpreting large amounts of complex data from multiple sources to support various data-driven initiatives like the dynamic ticket pricing model, F&B pricing model, season ticket retention model, attribution model, etc. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work closely with the Vice President of Ticket Sales and Service, Director of Premium Sales and Service, and the Sr. Director of Ticket Operations to analyze historical sales data, primary and secondary market sales, and industry trends to adjust the prices of Indianapolis Colts ticket inventory.
- Maintain a pricing schedule that strategically places focus on inventory at the appropriate times to maintain revenue and sell through.
- Design, engineer, and maintain data schemas and models using statistical or data science approaches and develop custom algorithms to create business solutions.
- Assist in Revenue Forecasting projects.
- Use advanced analytical techniques and modeling
- Build and develop a relationship with Ticketmaster on the pricing process and problem resolution.
- Work closely with the Vice President of Finance on game statement reports.
- Monitor real-time sales to make pricing adjustments as needed.
- Work with other key stakeholders on advanced modeling projects as needed.
- Build high-quality data visualizations, dashboards, and reports for organization-wide use, including executive management and all business departments.
- Work cross-functionally to identify problems, collect data, and make actionable recommendations at all levels.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and additional duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in a quantitative field of study (e.g., data science, statistics, mathematics, economics).
- Minimum 1 years of experience in a professional sports team or related industry.
- Experience with relevant technologies including SQL, R, Python, data visualization tools, data modeling, and machine learning preferred.
- Preferred experience in developing & testing machine learning models
- Preferred experience with Snowflake and Salesforce
- Working knowledge of Ticketmaster Archtics is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and can work within a team concept.
- Ability to translate analytical insights into recommendations that can be implemented and understood by non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Comfortable working with a range of department stakeholders (ticketing, marketing, content, sponsorship) and balancing their priorities
- Must be self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and can work with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment comfortably with shifting priorities.
- Must require to be 100% on-site and flexible to work nights or weekends as workflow and Colts game schedule dictate.
Responsibilities and qualifications may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.