Job Title: Risk Manager
Reports to: Chief Legal and Administrative Officer
Position Summary: FC Cincinnati is seeking an experienced Risk Manager to assist the executive team in developing and implementing comprehensive strategies to identify, assess, and mitigate potential risks that could impede the reputation, safety, security, or financial success of the organization. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of designing and implementing effective risk management strategies, collaborating cross-functionally, and driving a culture of risk awareness and mitigation throughout the organization. This role will also include managing insurance coverage to ensure comprehensive protection across sectors.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop comprehensive risk mitigation strategies, policies, and procedures that align with the organization's goals.
- Prioritize and implement key recommendations of the organization’s risk audit.
- Conduct periodic assessments of risk management policies and procedures, as well as potential risks across business lines, including insurance, operational, financial, regulatory, and reputational risks; provide and implement prioritized recommendations to mitigate the same.
- Conduct an annual risk audit with prioritized recommendations for risk mitigation.
- Prepare and present to senior leadership regular reports on risk assessment results, trends, emerging risks, and mitigation strategies.
- Assess the organization’s existing insurance coverage and identify gaps in coverage.
- Collaborate with insurance brokers and carriers to secure appropriate coverage that aligns with the organization’s risk profile and objectives.
- Review insurance policies and contracts to ensure accuracy and adequacy of coverage.
- Coordinate the filing and management of insurance claims, working closely with relevant departments and external parties.
- Engage with senior management to communicate risk exposures, mitigation efforts, and potential impact on business objectives.
- Design and execute risk control measures, including internal controls, risk transfer mechanisms, and contingency plans.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of risk mitigation initiatives and adjust strategies as needed.
- Collaborate closely with business lines across the organization to provide guidance on risk management practices and foster a risk-aware culture.
- Provide leadership in crisis situations and assist in formulating responses to mitigate potential damages.
- Stay current on relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards to ensure the organization’s risk management practices remain compliant and effective.
- Promote a culture of risk awareness and accountability throughout the organization.
- Provide training and educational sessions to employees on risk management best practices, fostering a proactive risk mindset.
- Perform such other duties as directed.
What You’ll Bring:
- Proven experience in risk management with a thorough understanding of policies and best practices of risk management.
- Strong understanding of risk assessment methodologies, risk control strategies, and risk management frameworks.
- Excellent data analysis, problem-solving, critical thinking, and project management skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and industry standards related to risk management.
- Proficiency in risk management software and tools.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Proactive, reliable, and responsible self-starter with a commitment to learning.
- Highly organized planner with strong time management skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and adept at managing ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in business, finance, risk management, or a related field.
- At least two years of related experience preferred.
Why You'll Love FCC:
- Generous paid time off including vacation, personal, sick, and holiday time
- Option for one work from home day per week (by department and schedule)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k plan with company match
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity Leave and Family Building Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program and free subscription to the Calm App
- Discount off merchandise in the FCC team store
- Community volunteer opportunities
- Professional development and Frequent team building opportunities
- Employee recognition programs and referral programs
- Opportunity for complimentary staff tickets to home FC Cincinnati matches
About FC Cincinnati:
FC Cincinnati is a Major League Soccer team playing at TQL Stadium in Cincinnati, Ohio. Originally founded in 2015 by Carl H. Lindner III and Co-CEO Jeff Berding, FCC began play in the United Soccer League (USL) in 2016. FCC entered MLS as the 24th team in 2019. The club’s wide and diverse ownership group is led by controlling owner Lindner III; as well as managing owners Meg Whitman and Dr. Griff Harsh; Scott Farmer; and George Joseph. FC Cincinnati opened the club’s privately funded, 26,000-seat soccer-specific TQL Stadium in the West End neighborhood of Cincinnati in 2021, a venue which has won numerous global awards including the World Football Summit Best Venue 2022 in Madrid and the 2022 Prix Versailles World Title in the Sports Category in Paris, France. The club earned its first MLS Cup Playoffs berth in 2022, advancing to the Eastern Conference semifinal as the no. 5 seed. The club won the 2018 USL Regular-Season Championship in record-setting fashion and earned postseason berths in all three of its USL seasons. In 2017, FC Cincinnati also advanced to the semifinals of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, a run that included victories over two MLS squads.
FC Cincinnati is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.