The Detroit Tigers Social Media Manager oversees the day-to-day activities of the club’s social media accounts including concept and campaign development, execution, analysis, and reporting. Other responsibilities include game coverage and other events through social media, monitoring social conversations, and maintaining content calendar.
- Support day-to-day social media strategy creation and execution for all team social accounts including primary and secondary (Authentics, community impact, PAWS, Comerica Park etc.) across all platforms.
- Demonstrate creativity in presenting the team brand across social media platforms while being ever mindful of internal sensitivities
- Cover games, events, and other relevant appearances through social media
- Monitor the daily social conversations of fans to expand the Tiger social reach and to evaluate social sentiment
- Monitor the daily social conversations of other brands, teams, influencers, etc. to identify trends and best practices
- Maintain content calendar to ensure timely promotion of appropriate team-related content, events and alignment of club marketing and communications strategies.
- Contributes to club social strategy by providing innovative resources and tools (i.e., best practices, benchmarking, etc.) to develop campaigns, channel plans, etc.
- Work in partnership with internal stakeholders including sponsorship, ticket sales and community impact to manage day-to-day project expectations and deliverables for select programming, special events and campaigns.
- Provides timely and detailed social media reporting for all club special events, theme nights, key announcements, milestones, etc.
- Manages the coordination of all social design elements with the creative services team and social media director.
- Review in-bound fan messages to ensure fast and high-level customer service to include the deployment of communications to key stakeholders.
- Stays up to date on analytics, providing reporting as requested to the social media manager on KPI’s and other predetermined metrics.
- Assists with the monitoring of player social media accounts to provide recommendations to media relations and to help encourage player brand development
- Monitor the daily social conversation of our fans, other brands, teams and influencers to engage with the Tigers fanbase and gauge social media sentiment.
- Manage and grow the social influencer database, including sports blogs and influencers. Work with these influencers to set up contests, promotions and sponsorships of events.
- Manage all presale initiatives for the department working with the digital and analytics team.
- Remain abreast and informed of emerging social media and industry trends.
- Assist with special projects and presentations.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field
- Minimum thee (3) years managing a brand’s social media accounts
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop
- Must be creative and consistently exploring new ideas for content and campaigns
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Some travel may be required
All items listed above are illustrative and not comprehensive. They are not contractual in nature and are subject to change at the discretion of Detroit Tigers.
Detroit Tigers is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual’s race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Company will strive to provide reasonable accommodations to permit qualified applicants who have a need for an accommodation to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a job interview) if so requested.